Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Most will find this dumb, but this is probably the last Spam Email I sent out before [or while] I was building the website since it has DNA's in the text which was why I had to build the site to begin with. Otherwise it's for chits and gigglies. Looking at the prices just makes you want to get in a time capsule, and keep them all!

Yes, I was the original Ibanez Spammer :ROFLMAO:
____

IBANEZ RULES!! DREAM GUITARS WITH HIGH DROOL FACTOR!!

Intro
Hot Stuff
Wanted
Chesbro Blowouts
Ibanez New
Necks/Parts
Guitars
New JPM Info
Needed
Used Private

Hi all, sorry it's been so long, but I've been so busy buying and selling sometimes there just isn't a need to send a list out. But I do like to stay in contact with all of you. That doesn't mean there isn't exciting news or some great new stock for you to drool over! or buy :) There are conflicting reports on the DNA Jem's. Both seem to hint they are in, 1 states that they will have the electronics installed here and still have to be benched. This version has delivery to stores by the end of August. Cross your fingers, I think it'll be sooner! Some CP's I'm sure but I doubt in quantity. Check the Hot Stuff below, some nice surprises for everybody, JPM90's, JEM10's, UVMC's, etc. I'm also looking for high end trades on DNA's and CP's to try and replenish and build stock!! Always buying too, see the Wanted list!

As always, I can be reached at 856-468-3922 Home or --**** Cell anytime. Thanks, Rich

IBANEZ RULES!! SPAM SUCKS!! To be removed, just click this link and send. Make sure you are replying from the correct address (many multiple address users:) mailto:[email protected]?subject=remove

HOT STUFF****

JPM90th JPM90th JPM90th JPM90th JPM90th JPM90th (did I get your atention?:)

JPM90th - SEVERAL due in next week BRAND NEW! Never touched since they left the factory. The best flame tops being shipped first. Write for details!! First pick waiting for Don** THANKS DON**

JS10th - Brand new/untouched** $2750**

UVMC - 91' with the BEST ATD swirl in near Dead Mint** 91'? Fretwear catalog cover guitar and on page 39 of the 93' Ibanez catalog (side shot on stand) Will only trade for Satriani with graphics (or original chrome:) It's made it into my collection**

UVMC - 91' Japanese swirl in superb condition, tiny fleck of the tip of the headstock from near dead mint. On HOLD for Gerry***

UVMC - 91' SUPER cool ATD swirl GONE** THANKS MIKE**

UVMC - 1 NOS will be coming in 2 weeks. Have choice of several more right now, I'm figuring out what to do :)**

PERFORMANCE FLAME - ORIGINAL - MINT - Fielding SICK offers (it's not mine)**

JEM PMC - VERY cool swirl!! Excellent condition but with many fog spots GONE** THANKS GEORGE**

JEM10th - #104** Dead Mint perfect $3000 GONE** THANKS FRANK/ELI**

JEM10th - #806** Excellent, chrome wear on the p/u edges, very thin edge bump on rear of lower bout - $2500** GONE** THANKS HARRY**

JEM10th - Another Dead Mint NEW available**

JEM90th - Dead mint, signed by Stevie on the trem cover - $1650** GONE** THANKS TOM**

JEM LNG #44 - Dead mint with tags and papers, plastic still on guard** GONE** THANKS GEORGE**

JEM LNG #69 - (cool # huh?:)** Dead mint! Was too perfect not to throw the new neck on!! :)**

JEM BFP - Well played but only 1 tiny edge dink GONE** THANKS BILL**

JEM VDY - Player condition, many dinks but no chips, Excellent player! $675**

JEM SK - Player condition $625** GONE** THANKS AARON**

JPM P1 - with certificate, Excellent - $1400** GONE** THANKS DON**

JPM P2 - Perfect 99' cased in a UV1000 - $1250**

JPM P2 - pefect but uncased - $1150** GONE** THANKS SEAN**

JPM P2 - The LAST New one! GONE** THANKS JASON**

JPM P2 - Perfect and a 95'!! COOL! GONE** THANKS MATT**

JPM P3 - Like NEW** GONE** THANKS JASON**

JPM P4 - needs work - GONE** THANKS SEAN**

JPM P4 - was Dead Mint till UPS smacked the case hard enough to put a circle crack on the top edge! - $800**

PGM90th - near mint, with certificate of course - $1500** GONE** THANKS GEORGE**

RG3120TB - near mint, TINY impression on the top otherwise perfect! Great FLAME!! with case $850** GONE** THANKS CARLO**

RG2027X - DEAD MINT in case - $1100** GONE** THANKS JAMES**

WILL TRADE ANY OF THE ABOVE FOR SATRIANI'S WITH GRAPHICS OF COURSE :)**

(OK OK, My girlfriend says I have a one track mind too!) :p

WANTED!!!!*

As you can see I'm thin on stock! ALWAYS looking for SWIRLS, JEMS and UVMC's, UVPWH's, JEM10's, JPM90's, P1's, 2's, and 3's, and SATRIANI's WITH GRAPHICS OF COURSE!! Let me know what you're selling!! If there is something YOU are looking for, let me know**

CHESBRO BLOWOUTS*****

JEM555LWH - $700** LEFTY'S**

ICJ100 - $1000** J's ICEMAN** GREEN WITH WHITE STARS** RETAIL $1999** THANKS MARCUS** 1 LEFT**

S2540NT - $1000** PRESTIGE** CHESBRO BLOWOUT** LIST $1999

IBANEZ NEW****

NECKS/BOOKLETS**

JEM7VWH NECK - $650** BRAND NEW**

JEM7V NECK - GREEN LEAF YELLOW VINE??, BRAND NEW $400**

JEMFP NECK - BRAND NEW FLORAL, $440

UV7BK NECK - $350** BRAND NEW** GREEN DOT NECK** GONE** THANKS KARL**

GOLD LO PRO - Brand New - $200** GONE** THANKS BRIAN**

ORIGINAL NOS 7 STRING BOOKLETS - PAW COVERS, WRITTEN BY VAI - $40** 1 LEFT**

FLOYD PARTS**

Now stocking many small parts for Floyd equiped Ibanez - BC Lo Pro, Nuts, pad screws, saddle screws, posts, anchors, teflon bushings, etc..

NEW GUITARS***

VAI2KDNA JEM - I had 2 buyers drop out so their picks are available #4 and #7! The 4 last picks 8 - 12 will go very reasonable but will have been picked over. Although Darren said there wasn't a bad DNA swirl!!

JS CRYSTAL PLANET - WILL BE COMMING IN SLOW BUT MORE STOCK SECURED**

JS 10TH - THANKS DAMIEN** Another NEW available**

JS1000 - $950** THANKS MATT** WHITE AND BP's IN STOCK**

JEM7VWH - $1450** THANKS MARK** THANKS KEVIN** MORE IN STOCK**

JEM7DBK - $950** LIST INCREASE** THANKS ZAKK**

JEM555LWH - $700** LEFTY** 5 LEFT**

UV777BK - $1300** 5 IN STOCK** THANKS WHITNEY**

RG2027X - $1150** PIEZO WHAMMY 7 STRING PRESTIGE** 2 LEFT**

RG2020X - $1050** PIEZO WHAMMY 6 STRING PRESTIGE** 1 LEFT**

S2020X - $1100** PIEZO WHAMMY 6 STRING S PRESTIGE** 2 LEFT**

ICJ100 - $1000** ICEMAN** GREEN WITH WHITE STARS** RETAIL $1999** 1 LEFT**

S3040PL J CUSTOM - $1300** 1 ONLY** GONE** THANKS SEAN**

SABRE 7 - $850** 1 IN STOCK NOW**

S150FB - $750** FLAME BUBINGA** ONLY 1** GONE** THANKS OLIVER**

S2540NT - $1000** PRESTIGE** CHESBRO BLOWOUT** LIST $1999, 1 LEFT**

S-SERIES DOUBLENECK 7/6 - $2100** 3 AVAILABLE**

RG 7620 - $850**

RG 7621 - $725** DISCONTINUED BUT STILL AVAILABLE**

RG 520Q - $650** LIST INCREASED TO $929**

RG 3120 - $1050** PRESTIGE** 1 AVAILABLE**

E3C - $100** STANDARD CASE**

UV1000C - $120** PREMIUM LOCKING CASE**

SHIPPING - $25 INSURED GROUND UPS** SPEED EXTRA**

NEW, UNPLAYED, AND IN STOCK READY FOR DELIVERY**

ALL MAJOR CREDIT CARDS ACCEPTED WITH 3% SURCHARGE** OR

PAYPAL WITH NO EXTRA CHARGE**

INFO ON THE NEW JPM - GONE TO MUSIC MAN** But you know that :) The MM's didn't make the Summer NAMM debut but more details are out. There will be a 6 and a 7 string model, both will have the Piezo bridge. Rumered to have a comming street price of $1600 for the 6 and $1800 for the 7. I think I can do much better!! :)

NEEDED!!!!****

1 - Early JEM case in Exc. or better, pink lined only.

1 - Early UV case in Exc. or better, pink lined only.

1 - FOUND Brunette, B cups, Great legs, 5'8", 140, pink lined - YES! :p

USED PRIVATE**

Reb Beach KOA, Exccelent condition $900 write Chris at [email protected]

JEM VDY mint MINT, ex Glen Cianculli so you know it is!! :) $1170 write to Jeff at JRMUSIC[email protected]

JEM FP 88' - in 8.75, $950, write Steve at [email protected]

RG560 - $350 write Jimm at [email protected]

S Series 7 string, black in case, write Rob Balducci [email protected]

UV77MC - KILLER - TRADE FOR SATRIANI MODELS WITH GRAPHICS

JS 10th - TRADE FOR SATRIANI WITH GRAPHICS

ALWAYS BUYING SATRIANI MODELS, JS2CHROME AND FACTORY GRAPHICS DUH!! LOL

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
[The forum software took my original ; )'s and turned them into emoji's, I didn't add them.]

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'll take the 7v for $1450 plz. The VDY description is my fav "many dinks but no chips", reminds me of my life lol.

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's when I was driving all the dealers and Hoshino crazy selling new VWH's for $1450. I used to get back channel messages from them all the time but it still took them another 10 years to authorize me :sneaky:

A VDY for $675? And Glens old Mint VDY for $1170. Glen always said never invest in guitars, if you want to invest put it in the stock market. I think many JEMs have outperformed the market, and that would be one of them. o_O

·
Registered
610 Posts
The player SK for $625 too! Wonder where that thing is and what condition it's in now (and what it'd be worth).

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
All those picture files are so long purged, that's when I was using my comcast personal account for storage with severe limits. Needless to say any SK is worth more than 3 times that now so even it outperformed the DOW!

·
Premium Member
805 Posts
The dollar was worth more back then and these guitars were only a few years old to new. Wish I my finances were as good back then as they are now.

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
And DNA's were $3750! [even though some good ones sold higher, I bought some out of Japan for $2800]]
The DOW was at 10,000 in 2000, it's at 33,000 now.
That Mint VDY at $1170 would conservatively be $5000 today.
Great UVMC's at $2700 are $10,000 now. PMC's, GMC's all on a tear.
The point was there are many JEMs that have outperformed the market, and some that are duds. DBK's, BSB's, not coveted. BFP's used to be hot, cooled off and tastes changed [and I think the Premium BFP looking so much better cooled them more] VBK's and UV7BK's were distained at the time and now people pay up for them. FP's are one of the most common JEM's but great examples are expensive. Funny when you analyze how the market has changed.

·
Registered
437 Posts
"JS10th - Brand new/untouched** $2750** "

You drive a hard bargain rich, but sure, I'll throw you a bone and buy this from you. Please send payment info at your convenience.

·
Registered
437 Posts
BTW Rich, I think ... like 10 years ago? I dont remember its been forever, I forget why,I dont remember what the fight was about, but man you pissed me off haha; and out of my irritation I wound up not buying some things from you "out of principal".... edit: I am realizing this is way older than 10 years now lmao

Why are we so stupid when we're young? hahaha. I have so many guitars that I didnt grab from you at the time and my god I get super irritated with myself thinking about some of them lmao.

"JS1000 - $950** THANKS MATT** WHITE AND BP's IN STOCK**" Lol, he STILL has this thing. In fact, the only time I've seen him put it down has been since he got his JS1CR. lol I hope you understand how much joy you gave that boy! :D

·
Registered
437 Posts
JEM SK - Player condition $625** GONE** THANKS AARON**
JEM VDY - Player condition, many dinks but no chips, Excellent player! $675**
JPM P4 - was Dead Mint till UPS smacked the case hard enough to put a circle crack on the top edge! - $800**

Good lord.

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BTW Rich, I think ... like 10 years ago? I dont remember its been forever, I forget why,I dont remember what the fight was about, but man you pissed me off haha; and out of my irritation I wound up not buying some things from you "out of principal".... edit: I am realizing this is way older than 10 years now lmao

Why are we so stupid when we're young? hahaha. I have so many guitars that I didnt grab from you at the time and my god I get super irritated with myself thinking about some of them lmao.

"JS1000 - $950** THANKS MATT** WHITE AND BP's IN STOCK**" Lol, he STILL has this thing. In fact, the only time I've seen him put it down has been since he got his JS1CR. lol I hope you understand how much joy you gave that boy! :D
Back then I'd fight with anybody over anything :ROFLMAO:
Glad we're not fighting anymore, my bones break too easy now!

You know Matt? I sold him that at cost, John Riccio [who named Satch Boogie for Joe] asked me to do some kid a favor. Set it up, he drove down to pick it up, we've been friends ever since. That has got to be the coolest relic JS1000 on the planet, the thing must have 2000 chips. I F'n LOVE IT!!

·
Registered
437 Posts
Lol, I genuinely dont remember what it would have been about. The one I ACTUALLY hate myself about is that stupid RG GEAR. You had that thing for like... a decade. I dont know why, but holy hell you had so many people offer to buy it and flake out over and over and over... you got irritated about it you made mention to me you just wanted it gone so you offered it for what you paid for it. But nope, I had to be obstinate; and passed it up. I still lose sleep over this one hahaha.

And yeah, of course I know Matt. I know everyone Rich, havent you sorted that yet? ;) (Edit: lol do I need to pull more stuff out of my butt? hahaha) Lol, he was playing dive bars with his instrumental band, doing some light recording here and there; and holy god, when he got that stupid freaking guitar... he had to redo EVERRRRRRRYTHING. EVVVVVVVVVVERYTHING Rich. I think it was an excuse to play it more haha. He'd call me up just to play it lmao. He knows Satch to some degree, and oh boy Joe got some emails too. Product of youth and enthusiasm combined with whatever the hell god given talent matt has.... Ive never loved a guitar like he loves that thing lol.

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Lol, I genuinely dont remember what it would have been about. The one I ACTUALLY hate myself about is that stupid RG GEAR. You had that thing for like... a decade. I dont know why, but holy hell you had so many people offer to buy it and flake out over and over and over... you got irritated about it you made mention to me you just wanted it gone so you offered it for what you paid for it. But nope, I had to be obstinate; and passed it up. I still lose sleep over this one hahaha.

And yeah, of course I know Matt. I know everyone Rich, havent you sorted that yet? ;) (Edit: lol do I need to pull more stuff out of my butt? hahaha) Lol, he was playing dive bars with his instrumental band, doing some light recording here and there; and holy god, when he got that stupid freaking guitar... he had to redo EVERRRRRRRYTHING. EVVVVVVVVVVERYTHING Rich. I think it was an excuse to play it more haha. He'd call me up just to play it lmao. He knows Satch to some degree, and oh boy Joe got some emails too. Product of youth and enthusiasm combined with whatever the hell god given talent matt has.... Ive never loved a guitar like he loves that thing lol.
How the hell did you know Matt when he was playing dive bars BEFORE the JS?! That's almost like before the internet!o_O

You gotta admit the boy has some talent. He was down one time into this pop bass riff off his thumb while playing funky legato over it and I told him, dude, that should be your new sound. It was fresh, it was cool, and that boy could play. But it was just a phase....
I still have the coolest JS though :)
Pics or it didn't happen.

·
Registered
437 Posts
How the hell did you know Matt when he was playing dive bars BEFORE the JS?! That's almost like before the internet!o_O
No Rich, the stars aligned, my energy chakras breached the ethereal plane of existence to collide with this young instrumentalist at precisely the moment he bought his JS..... lmao yes I knew him before the JS. Who the hell do you think helped him pay for it? LOL and dont mention the "before the internet"; Im too young to think of things like this.

You gotta admit the boy has some talent. He was down one time into this pop bass riff off his thumb while playing funky legato over it and I told him, dude, that should be your new sound. It was fresh, it was cool, and that boy could play. But it was just a phase....

"Some".... hmm. Understatement of the century Id argue haha. That said, he did spend an enormous amount of time trying to copy satch, to the point I think it probably did limit his growth. Then he spent a lot of time doing this kurt cobain thing where he totally shunned any instrumental soundings whatsoever... which probably limited his growth. He wanted to be both Mike Einzinger and Joe Satriani at the same time, instead of being "Matt King". Now he doesnt care, and does his own thing, and thats fantastic really. He's outrageously gifted and probably one of the best guitarists on the planet.

... I cant.... but I'm actually ok with this one "not happening" lol. Maybe later when its relevant, but for now; that'd be its own thread kinda thing lol.

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No Rich, the stars aligned, my energy chakras breached the ethereal plane of existence to collide with this young instrumentalist at precisely the moment he bought his JS..... lmao yes I knew him before the JS. Who the hell do you think helped him pay for it? LOL and dont mention the "before the internet"; Im too young to think of things like this.

"Some".... hmm. Understatement of the century Id argue haha. That said, he did spend an enormous amount of time trying to copy satch, to the point I think it probably did limit his growth. Then he spent a lot of time doing this kurt cobain thing where he totally shunned any instrumental soundings whatsoever... which probably limited his growth. He wanted to be both Mike Einzinger and Joe Satriani at the same time, instead of being "Matt King". Now he doesnt care, and does his own thing, and thats fantastic really. He's outrageously gifted and probably one of the best guitarists on the planet.

... I cant.... but I'm actually ok with this one "not happening" lol. Maybe later when its relevant, but for now; that'd be its own thread kinda thing lol.
Totally, on all counts. He never lit himself evolve, but he had such a phenomenal understanding of theory at such a young age, it was really aggravating LOL He sat and tried out the 1000 and I was watching Joe at the 39th St Cabaret in 1988, watching close just trying to pick up anything I could from his technique. But it wasn't just technique, it's what he had between his ears. He was amazing at 17, I thought there is no way this kid isn't going to be on a big stage someday. He spent so much time playing he'd probably still be a virgin if he didn't have the looks too :ROFLMAO:

You don't get away so easy though, email me a picture of this JS!!

And leave that clip up! [unless Matt doesn't want it out there for some reason, then it's too late LOL]

·
Registered
437 Posts
Lol, the whole "theory" thing is how him and I became friends. I dont actually know where he learned it, who taught him, or what... I am extremely autodidactic and I spent a massive amount of time learning theory at a young age; and even back when I was a kid, Id argue my knowledge was better then than most people in general even today. You kinda hit the nail on the head about the "internet" thing too; we didnt have google lmao. But I was a moderator/admin thing for music theory of a website at the ripe old age of like 15? That afforded me a LOT of interesting opportunities to meet people; like George Lynch, Zakk Wylde, and even our relative maestro Mr Satriani. lol Im name dropping as hell, but not super intentional. (BTW George is probably the coolest person on the planet lol)

But then this other prick comes in and starts correcting me... mostly pedantic crap that I intentionally watered down, but correct he was. He was always very nice about it though; so I didnt get like "mad" or anything, but definitely frustrating. Out of curiosity, I reached out to ask to talk to him because he clearly knew more than I did. We exchanged "AIM" accounts and started talking. This would have been a couple years before you get into the equation. He'd actually give me lessons via microphone and he'd jam out while I'd listen in, me being young and impressionable, Im sure you can imagine my face sitting there lol. At all points though, Matt was always a genuinely great person, even back then. I dont know what it was about this website, but holy hell it was some watering hole of stupid talent. Angel Vivaldi was in there, Joel Wanasek (though hes more a producer/studio guy now), Jarle Olssen, Matt, tons of others.... thinking back its actually kinda ridiculous. Even more silly was JEMSITE apparently existed during this time as well. Found THAT one out the other day lol.

So.... that JS I have, its not the model that makes it "cool"; its just a JS600 after all. But its cool because I got it from a certain guitar tech for helping a certain guitar player and his manager do some stuff online because back in the day, it wasnt so simple to facilitate "events"(especially when people are on tour lol). And as I mentioned before, I was a mod for a site that held these events; and its just a whole thing about it that I dont care to explain right now; and its nothing remarkable otherwise. Lol I've never even played it actually. Came with a dope case and whatnot too. Wish I kept the letter/note thing from jose, but this was a really long time ago.

·
Vendor
26,325 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
autodidactic

Stop using words I have too google :ROFLMAO:

Great story, seriously. And Matt has always been one of the coolest guys I've ever met, so is Joe though. I wish I had taken lessons from him back then but the serious interest in playing was being surpassed by it becoming a busy business sucking all the pleasure of playing out of it. Never met George but Angel was cool, not like we talked for more than 15 minutes! Nita, she is the most down to earth no ego normal person you'll ever meet, and then she hit's the stage and it's like a total transformation to rock star.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts