Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys!

I just did a video demo of my Dean VMNT 2007 MiK model on youtube. Please watch it here:
and let me know what you think of it.

I think its a great, well balanced, powerful V with a thin and fast neck designed for shredding easily. Much better than the Epiphone Goth V I had which was top heavy and had weak pickups.

·
Super Moderator
2,516 Posts
I have never understood why that guitar has dot inlays and the other large inlays. Looks weird. Glad you like it though.

·
Premium Member
807 Posts
I sold my Angel of Deth when I got my J Custom but the VMNT is an awesome guitar. The Live Wires are way better than EMGs. Much more bite and clarity. The neck feels great as well. Nice and thin with an ebony fretboard. My only gripe is the lack of weight. Mahogany body should weigh much more. Has to be chambered or weight relieved somehow.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I sold my Angel of Deth when I got my J Custom but the VMNT is an awesome guitar. The Live Wires are way better than EMGs. Much more bite and clarity. The neck feels great as well. Nice and thin with an ebony fretboard. My only gripe is the lack of weight. Mahogany body should weigh much more. Has to be chambered or weight relieved somehow.
Don't blame you for selling yours in favour of the untouchable J.Custom :) both are very different beasts though. Glad you agree mate, it is well made and the pickups are better than EMG's by quite a margin. I love the fact that its so light but I hear you, you'd expect mahogany to be heavier. Could be a better grade of mahogany than the usual on cheaper guitars or chambered design.

·
Banned
983 Posts
Nice playing and feel. You start to shred and sound quite good! The guitar sounds good and big with good sustain. I think nice score!

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nice playing and feel. You start to shred and sound quite good! The guitar sounds good and big with good sustain. I think nice score!
Thanks very much Panix!! Really appreciate your compliments :D
I'm very happy it sounded good and big even though the volume on my amp was low, haha.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts