Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy with this one, I felt I should start a new thread for it.
The combination of sun light and my cheap camera makes it look a little orange but it realy is red.
So here goes:

·
Registered
686 Posts
OK.......ok.............ok...........
Im sending my bodies to you!..............ok!?
LOL!!!
Is that with the urethane car paints?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody,
Hi Ranz, no that's not car paint. That's a High gloss synthetic polyurethane paint (thats what is written on the can) from an israeli brand. the only downside with this paint is that it needs 4 weeks to dry properly before whatever chimical procces that its going through is completed, so you need to be paitent. The car paint I tried during my testing dried as soon as it hit the water so it was not usefull, and since car paints are very expensive I decided to try something else.
The clear is 2 part polyurethane high gloss clear.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Dude,
You are doing very WELL :)

Truely...

I cant estimate after 100.th swirl, how greater swirls you can make :D Because it is your 2nd swirl, right?

·
Registered
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Dude,
You are doing very WELL :)

Truely...

I cant estimate after 100.th swirl, how greater swirls you can make :D Because it is your 2nd swirl, right?
No this is not just the 2nd. I did more in the past and at one point during testing my house was really swamped with swirled pieces of wood, some nice and some not so good. It was like walking into an art gallery :)
But this last batch is definitely my best, in terms of color and in terms of the quality of the clear and finished product.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Swirls are the best

No this is not just the 2nd. I did more in the past and at one point during testing my house was really swamped with swirled pieces of wood, some nice and some not so good. It was like walking into an art gallery :)
Hey, can you send pictures of them here, especially the ones that you like?

But this last batch is definitely my best, in terms of color and in terms of the quality of the clear and finished product.
I totally agree. It looks like a real ATD :)

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
The last black/grey/white one is sweet!
Thats the kind of swirl I like. Not too much colour going on in it, but still looks amazing at the same time. Sometimes I think too many colours can be added to a swirl. That last one looks brilliant though.

·
Registered
370 Posts
I love how all the swirl artists have their own unique styles, you can pick who did them from a mile away. Yours are really chaotic and interesting, almost out of control yet artistic. Keep 'em coming Barbarelaxe!!!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts