Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, have posted this on another forum, but seeing as you guys deal more with swirled guitars, I'd like your opinions on my hand painted swirl.
The pictures do not show the true quality. The body is a black candy over metallic silver, which shimmers a very very deep purple in the light, and the swirl parts are actually chrome, just very hard to pick out.

Let me know what you think :-D

http://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/

·
Registered
3,614 Posts
As a finish it looks cool. As a swirl it's not doing it for me. Not random enough, in lack of better words.

What's important is that you like it! And I wouldn't say no to that finish instead of a dull black body. :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I wasn't really wanting to "recreate" a swirl... just couldn't decide how else to describe it lol
I just wanted to see what kind of results I could get with a brush instead of buying more equipment and taking a long time in mastering the art of proper swirling (I'm poor and busy..lol)
Thanks for the comments :-D

·
Super Moderator
7,321 Posts
It's like halfway between the JS blackdog, the EV black and white stripe frankenstein and a swirl.

Not my cup of tea but pretty original :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Yeah, totally reminds me of EV's stripes for some reason. I'm not a flashy finish sort of dude, but I'd respect that guitar if I saw someone else playing it. Unique and custom is ++ in my book.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts