Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 1990 I played a used RG at a local music store. I instantly fell in love with it. A friend talked me out of it and I ended up buying an EX. I still regret it. Im on a hunt to get one like it or build one myself. Im not exactly sure which model it was. It was bright orange. I do not think it had a pickguard. It seems like it had a all maple neck. 22 years later my memory doesnt serve me. Now ive searched the internet for that model. The only model in orange ive seen is a 560. All the 560's ive seen have had rosewood fingerboards. Did i just have a very rare RG in my hands or is my memory failing? Any insight would be great. Thank you

·
Registered
623 Posts
Ibanez wiki says the rg560 had carotene in 88 and maple in 88-90. Good luck finding one. I got a maple 550 neck for my 560 body, not going orange though. There are some close matches at House of Kolor, maybe you can piece your dreams together. :)

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Ibanez wiki says the rg560 had carotene in 88 and maple in 88-90. Good luck finding one. I got a maple 550 neck for my 560 body, not going orange though. There are some close matches at House of Kolor, maybe you can piece your dreams together. :)
We had a few listed right here not long ago.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The orange rg560 was my first real guitar. It wasn't maple and the headstock was black for sure. I lent it to a "friend" in the 90s and never saw it again.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts