Ibanez JEM Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is a 1989 540s (seriel # is 890017in absolutely GREAT shape. One of those that has been around a long time but doesn't look it. All original, with the rare grey Dimarzio-made IBZ/USA pickups (2 C2s and a F2 in the bridge), Original Edge trem and Wizard neck.

I believe the finish is either Cranberry Red or Lipstick Red. Either way, it is a nice metallic color (not as pink as it looks in a few pics- that is just from the flash). Almost no wear on the finish. No NJFCs. The best part: No visible chips and the only ding I could see is on the bottom edge and is the size of a matchhead. The guitar has been played, but VERY well taken care of. If you've been looking for a nice cosmetic example of a late 80's Ibanez, this should fit the bill. Again, not a total case queen, but a VERY clean example, especially for the price.

Frets and neck in great shape as well, with only a few indentations on the neck (none that can even be felt- may just be wood grain). Electronics also work perfectly with no extra noise from the switch or pots.

The only modification is that the finish on the back of the neck has been expertly removed (as recommended here on jemsite) to give it that Jem 10th flavor. A very dramatic improvement, I think.

Comes with an Ibanez hardshell case as well, good shape- all latches work. $400 plus minimal shipping (probably about $25-30) depending on location.
Pics:
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff150/jallen60626/S540/

·
Registered
103 Posts
Man.. If this had sharkies, I would be all over it so fast it would make your head spin.

Beautiful guitar though, may still be interested.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.