Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Group - I recently purchased these pickups and they are actually in the mail right now. A good fellow from the forums hooked me up with them. I'm relatively certain that they are original Blaze II pickups. 1) I have a silver dot and they look the same from the back - same blue U.S. Post stickers, aging, and other markings, 2) The original owner told me they came out of an original UV7BK.

But, I'm asking the group for further clarification. I know the newer Blaze Pickups don't have a brass plate, but I was told that these pickups have evolved over the years and there is virtually no way to tell the difference between the original Blaze II and the older Blaze Pups, other than looking at them side by side at the green color.

Thanks in advance.

-Jeff

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
There was no Blaze-I or "older Blaze" they're all the same in terms of output, wiring except color.

Those certainly appear to be "Blaze II" neck/bridge pickups off a UV.

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
No change in voicing between the 90s and today, correct? The bridge pickup in my PWH is going south (the bass side sounds like it's in parallel, treble side sounds normal) and I took the neck out ages ago but since this guitar is basically wall art these days I was going to return it to stock, but of course now I'm worried that one's toast, too.

·
Premium Member
11,482 Posts
the change would be time driven... magnets weaken, etc. Maybe give DiMarzio a call they're really helpful as you know.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thanks for the reply. I'm just trying to get the stock pickups in the guitar - I think these are them based on the photo but wasn't 100% sure.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts