Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Re: Original Floyd Rose trem. for my js100?

wastedyears said:
Would an Original Floyd Rose trem. fit on my Js100?
What year is your js100, is it pre 2003? If it's got the Lo TRS trem then you can swap it directly with an OFR putting in an Egde or Lo Pro Edge might work but routing maybe needed. Putting in the Edge Pro on the other hand seems to (from want I read) even more diffucult.

Regards

André

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Re: Original Floyd Rose trem. for my js100?

fettouhi said:
What year is your js100, is it pre 2003? If it's got the Lo TRS trem then you can swap it directly with an OFR putting in an Egde or Lo Pro Edge might work but routing maybe needed. Putting in the Edge Pro on the other hand seems to (from want I read) even more diffucult.

Regards

André
yea its 2003... it has a Edge Pro 2...

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
wastedyears said:
do u no of any sites where i could get an Edge or an Edge Pro?
Or a Lo-Pro, depending what era it is obviously.

If it has an edge pro II, then the Edge Pro. If it has a Lo-TRS, then I feel sorry for you, at least until you put an Edge or a Lo-Pro on it!

·
Registered
223 Posts
On guitar with Edge Pro II you have to do some routing and maybe filling old post holes. Cause Edge Pro will not fit on Edge Pro II guitars, and so Edge or Lo-Pro Edge. The routing and post spacing is different.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
The only bridge that would fit an Edge Pro II route is Schaller FRII bridge - all the rest will require some routing.
The posts are spaced and placed exactly where they are on all FR type guitars but the route itself is too small and iregular to accomodate anything else.

ilia

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
dex said:
The only bridge that would fit an Edge Pro II route is Schaller FRII bridge - all the rest will require some routing.
The posts are spaced and placed exactly where they are on all FR type guitars but the route itself is too small and iregular to accomodate anything else.

ilia
Cool, did you check :).

Regards

André

·
Registered
223 Posts
dex said:

ilia
I read somewhere, that new Edge Pro and Edge Pro II have different post spacing than older Ibanez bridges. Even EP II has different spacing than EP.
To sort this out, someone has to measure it.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
They are the same - spaced 74mm apart and paced at the exact same place as all other Ibanez made FR type guitars.
Keep in mind that the route itself is very, very small (Edge Pro II trem plate is very short) and the guitar will need some major routing to accomodate any other trem - Schaller FRII is the only one that will fit.
Bottom line is the Edge Pro II trem is good enough so save your money and get replacement pickups instead.

ilia

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
dex said:
Bottom line is the Edge Pro II trem is good enough so save your money and get replacement pickups instead.
I agree with this.
The newer trems are perfectly good enough. A Floyd Rose wont be that much of an improvement to be honest. As Dex said, dont waste your money on the trem, get new pickups instead.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Actually, I am putting a schaller 2 into a body with the old trs routes. It all fits fine, but there is a little bit of contact on the pickup side of the main trem cavity.

That can be easily sorted with a Dremel or such like.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.