Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone else watching other companies for what they might have coming out this week?
Just curious. We're all very Ibanez-intensive around here. ;)
Not sure if this is in the right section, either....

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
I'm sure there will be lots of nice offerings from other companies. It will interesting to see reports of the Robot Gibson, hands on reviews of the New Carvin guitars AND other Carvin amps that should be debuting.

I love this time of year and the excitement associated with NAMM. :mrgreen:

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Here's a pretty good link to a trhead in the Seymour Duncan forum that has some of their new stuff in it:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129105

One thing to note - Jemsite member Frank Falbo has been working for Duncan for about a year now, and one of the products they are launching is his "P-Rail" hybrid P90 and Rail pickup. He actually showed me the prototypes he'd originally built in his basement several months before going there when he still lived up here in Illinois, so it's really cool to see them coming out. ESP has a new guitar that has them stock, too.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Here's a pretty good link to a trhead in the Seymour Duncan forum that has some of their new stuff in it:

http://www.seymourduncan.com/forum/showthread.php?t=129105

One thing to note - Jemsite member Frank Falbo has been working for Duncan for about a year now, and one of the products they are launching is his "P-Rail" hybrid P90 and Rail pickup. He actually showed me the prototypes he'd originally built in his basement several months before going there when he still lived up here in Illinois, so it's really cool to see them coming out. ESP has a new guitar that has them stock, too.
Frank said they had some very special stuff coming out this year and was a little secretive about what it was. If someone knows what is happening for NAMM Frank would be the guy for sure ;)

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Wow- an LP with a Floyd!! 8O

Never thought I'd see that in production. Interesting to see how this is taken by the purists and who might be associated with it first ;)

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Not that is is really big NAMM news but the new Standard US Strats have new finishes for the bodies and necks and they went back to the old style trems (no block style saddles unless you get a Deluxe ;)). My local store already has a few Strats and a Tele with these new changes.

* I got an email from Fender today talking about the new American Strats/Teles ect. The local store got them in about a week ago. Fender does things alot differently than Ibanez did releasing stuff before NAMM. I guess since the news isn't "WOW!!! news", they just put the new products out ASAP. :?:

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
He's one of the only guys I've ever seen with one. I saw him with Journey about 6 1/2yrs ago with that guitar.

I just didn't think it would EVER make it into production. LP purists are usually very touchy when it comes to messing with their beloved stop tail design ;)

·
Registered
672 Posts
He's one of the only guys I've ever seen with one. I saw him with Journey about 6 1/2yrs ago with that guitar.

I just didn't think it would EVER make it into production. LP purists are usually very touchy when it comes to messing with their beloved stop tail design ;)
Yeah, I remember seeing that guitar at the Journey show when they were through a few years ago. Was he playing the Hiwatt amps when you saw him?He did here in Nashville. He had 6 Hiwatt half stacks and they sounded soooo good!!!

·
Registered
4,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I wonder if putting IN the Floyd made the LP lighter? :D
I thought it was a Epiphone, not a Gibson. Same difference...I know....

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
Yeah, I remember seeing that guitar at the Journey show when they were through a few years ago. Was he playing the Hiwatt amps when you saw him?He did here in Nashville. He had 6 Hiwatt half stacks and they sounded soooo good!!!
I honestly don't remember seeing his amps from where I was sitting.

If I was to ask myself, "how much ass did he kick?", I would answer back, "ALL of it!".

Yeah, I talk to myself from time to time :lol:

Peter Frampton opened and within two minutes of Schon starting to play I forgot about Frampton....like, "Frampton who?". Pete was great but Schon was AMAZING. :mrgreen:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts