Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's my issue...my JS1000 died on me during our church service today...so i switched to another guitar and it worked fine. So I figure my jack must be bad...if I moved or touched the cable, I'd lose the signal. So later tonight I open up the jack plate , and all seems fine. So I plug in (@ home w/ dif. cable) and all is good!

I go back and grab the Planet wAves...it shorts out on the JS when I move the guitar or touch the cable near the jack. I tried a bunch of other cables and all is good. I tried to get the PW to short out with other guitars and can't!!!

So here's what I'm gathering...my planet waves cable (with the "spring" tip to hold it) is not compatible with the JS1000! (or at least mine)Has anyone else seen this? Could there be something else going on that I'm missing?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
You probably figured it out, I like some planet waves stuff, but a few of the gimicky things anre a bit over the top for me and they sometimes interfere with the normal function of a device.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It just seems weird that I can't find anybody else with issues (with a search here or google) These cables are everywhere...has anyone experienced anything like this? I can't seem to get another cable to crap out on my JS, but I'm a little nervous about gigging now

·
Registered
1,813 Posts
lol dude I had the exact OPPOSITE problem with my cables.

I had some cheap guitar shop cables and they were shorting out in my JS (the jack started to come loose) so I tightened it back up and bought a planet waves cable.

the planet waves never shorted out on me even when the other ones still did after a few weeks.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
I had some funny issues with Planet Waves cables... :|

My guitar was fully plugged in, all rig ready to rock, volume to 10... and if I stepped on the cable, I heard the sound of the "stepping" on the speakers!!! :S Weird!

No more Planet Waves cables for me.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
mostly what I would call "modern" worship stuff; Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, Starfield, etc.

I still can't figure out this cable thing...seems odd. This cable works in everything BUT the JS.

·
Registered
254 Posts
mostly what I would call "modern" worship stuff; Hillsong, Chris Tomlin, Starfield, etc.

I still can't figure out this cable thing...seems odd. This cable works in everything BUT the JS.
i wish i could help, ive had no exp with planet waves, but i bought a new lead once and it didnt work for me, but the other guitar polayer in my band tried it and it worked fine, i guess leads only work with certain components

·
Registered
598 Posts
I'd recommend just using the cable on other guitars for now, or if you want just ditch it all together and switch to Monster Cables ;)

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Interesting anomaly. Are we talking about the "breakaway" cable that planet waves sells? Either get a nice Monster cable or a Mogami.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
No, it's not the circuit breaker. It's an older PW. One end is labeled guitar, the other amp.

I obviously just need to switch cables, but it's got me perplexed...I can't for the life of me figure it out (and I hate that ;)

·
Registered
448 Posts
No, it's not the circuit breaker. It's an older PW. One end is labeled guitar, the other amp.

I obviously just need to switch cables, but it's got me perplexed...I can't for the life of me figure it out (and I hate that ;)
is the jack bigger then the other ones i.e longer or beefier? it might be pushing the piece inside to much, and shorting it out or maby its to long and going past where the jack connects to the input, and thats shorting it. who knows not me ive never been before.

·
Registered
56 Posts
With me they work fine with Planet waves (spring loaded), yet when i use a normal cable which doesn't have the spring system it will move and short.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts