1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
912 Posts
He had to blur it but it has a fake ‘1 of 100’ + Vai signature on the back. That rubs me wrong, in that manner it’s just straight up forgery

Yeahhhh that's BS. There's a guy on here that took an indo JEM and made it a replica of evo except it was a work of love... And art, for him... Not resale. He relic'd the thing and it looks fantastic. That listing however is just comedically embarrassing.
If you mean mine, thank you. But I’ll have to charge at least $20k for it if that listing is the baseline for homemade evo replicas ;)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
He had to blur it but it has a fake ‘1 of 100’ + Vai signature on the back. That rubs me wrong, in that manner it’s just straight up forgery

If you mean mine, thank you. But I’ll have to charge at least $20k for it if that listing is the baseline for homemade evo replicas ;)
Dude! I'd love to see some pictures of your build, I looked but only found a few. On another note, you're not by chance the guy that bought a white Fernandes sustainer driver off of me last summer are you?

·
Registered
912 Posts
Dude! I'd love to see some pictures of your build, I looked but only found a few. On another note, you're not by chance the guy that bought a white Fernandes sustainer driver off of me last summer are you?
I can’t remember the name of the person I bought mine from but it’s likely!

If so it’s in the UK (again) being installed on a FLO I replica a friend of mine is making.
Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Guitar accessory Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
186 Posts
Jem Re Creation of the famous Guitar we all know and love | Ryan's Gear Locker | Reverb

OK, so, if I'm not mistaken... It looks like somebody took an off-the-shelf 7VWH, put Cosmo Black hardware on it, put it in a heavy duty flight case with some homemade paperwork and and is trying to get $7K+ for it.

I hope nobody wastes their money on this thing, jeez...
Don't forget about 200 to 300 bucks worth of accessories.

The mad hatter "wiring" is just a bunch of quick connects added to standard components with a push/pull to add a high-pass filter/bass cut, alà satriani or yamaha's revstar.

Oh, and a different neck or bridge pickup, depending upon what you read. One place says neck in bridge pos., and another says bridge in neck position.

You know, I DO NOT get this obsession with Steve vai, or other "heros".
I mean, I like my fair share of them, like nuno and Satch, but I've never felt the need to go to such extemes to have an exact replica of thier guitars. Either factory or homemade.

I would get a JS guitar though, because it has specs I like and looks great, not because it's a sig series.

I even own a carvin holdsworth. I love the guitar, but do not really like any of his music.
He helped design a killer guitar though!

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument White

·
Registered
366 Posts
There is / was a similarly ridiculous listing by a guy in the UK on eBay that put up a bog standard VWH and asked for (something like) £6500 simply because it was signed.

·
Registered
366 Posts
Oh and then there is this guy who refinished an LNG and changed all the hardware / pickups and wants $12000+ for it. No idea people how people don't understand high prices are only valid for authentic collectables.

Musical instrument Guitar Green String instrument accessory Musician

1 - 10 of 10 Posts