Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone i need some help and advice! My Universe has been screaming feedback at me on the distorted settings even when the gain on my preamp is set moderately low. I should add that this does not seem to be the case with my other Jems using the same settings. Ok so here's the deal. Firstly i tried some contact cleaner in the P/U selector but i don't know if this was a good idea, it certainly made no difference. Then i took out the pole peices in the back P/U to clean them as initially this was the one which was feeding back. After i did this the feedback seem to subside, however it simply shifted up to the neck P/U and now the screaming seems to have increased. Could this be a wiring problem, if so how can i tell and go about rectifying it? All the wires seem to have good contact on the P/U selector and pots. Help!!! :confused:

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You might be right. When i wind the tone pot all the way back the feedback stops. Would the pot need replacing or the capacitor or even both ? Could it be anything else wrong with the UV which would cause continual feedback on low distorted settings. As i mentioned before it first started on the bridge P/U but as soon as i cleaned the poles coincidently it stopped there and started screaming in the neck P/U instead.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the advice i will check out the thread. The strange thing is last night i adjusted the pole pieces in the neck P/U and actually adjusted the height so the hole thing was closer to the strings. All of a sudden the screaming stopped and when i tapped around the P/U the pitch seemed to become lower where as before it was alot higher and continually feeding back. So i thought great i've fixed it. However this morning i plugged in my UV and low and behold it decided that all it wanted to do was to scream at me, argh! This thing is driving me up the wall! It really does point to the Blaze P/U needing to be re-potted unless of course there is something else i am missing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts