Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'll be quick to the point. Im replacing a buddy's late 1960s- early 70s LesPaul Jr clone's puckups and controls. Its an old Harmony. 2 (dogeared) P90 2v, 2t, 3way toggle with new everything. New pots, pickups, switch, and input jack. All new wires, of course, nut, tuninging keys, ToM bridge piece and thats about it. I shielded the cavity and cover with copper tape and put it back together. My problem is after the re-install everything thing seems to work but there is this unholy heavy noise-buzz-hum masking the sounds from the pick ups which i can still hear but barely. It seems to greatly increace on the gain channel and lessens a bit when I grab the plugged in instrument cable. My only thought is its a bad ground and I imagine that would be under one of the bridge or tail piece inserts. Is that a correct assumption or is it somewhere else? This is my first time working on this style guitar with multiple tones and volume. My fear is removing any of those bridge inserts and accidentally pulling up the finish on this old guitar. I know its not an expensive or particularly high quality instrument but it has ALOT of sentimental value as it was my friends 1st electric guitar from when he was a teenager back in the 70s. Please help!

Thanks,
Jason

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Wow did I post in the wrong section maybe? I know its been awhile since I last posted but DANG! No help, not even a reply!? I thought we was Bros' LoL! Should I try to repost in the pickup and wiring section?

Thanks,
Jason

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.