Ibanez JEM Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I just got back about an hour ago from spending time in germany since the 14th of july. I was there then poland for 2 days and paris for one....pairs sucks. I've never been somewhere so dirty. And the paris air port.....someone needs to bomb that place so that they are forced to build one that isn't so crummy! I don't know how people like it there. now germany that place is cool!! Except for the part where is saw an over turned semi and then a deadly car accident at like 11ish on the wonderful, famous german roads. Well anyways my family went to germany to help some missionaries we know with an english speaking day camp at a church in berlin. Well my dad made me bring my uv777bk and i wanted to bring my rg520 cause i was worried about my uv....well the let my friend bring his acoustic guitar which was in a longer/wider case than my guitar. Well the french took my guitar and destroyed the case and the put paint chips around the edges of my guitar along with scratches....i want to kill every french person working for Air France. they also puts some small dents in the head stock. So on the way home today they were saying how i was gunna have to check it in and i just refused to and kept saying they can have it when they pay for the damage that they caused. So they find out how much they cost and said never mind we'll let you carry it on lol. I hate french people.

·
Registered
124 Posts
Wow man, sorry to that your paris experience wasn't so great. Man if they did that to my guitar i would have a fit!!! Airport security is so unrealistic sometimes. You should put them on your ******* speedial as Rich would suggest :)

·
Registered
636 Posts
Wow! my heart leapt to my mouth upon readin the title. I thought there was a terrorist attack... Anyway everything's fine now it seems. Except for you. What they did to your guitar sucks.

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
Sorry about your guitar. That sucks. Having said that, your response is too harsh IMO; the same crap can happen in the USA, bro. You need to chill. And make sure you give your dad some crap for making you take your prized guitar when you didn't want to!

·
Registered
82 Posts
I think you're being a bit hard on Paris there.
I've been there a few times and I admit some parts of it are pretty awful but then other areas are fantastic. It has some of the most beautiful architecture in the world.
You have to understand that every big city is like that. London, New York, Rome, Sydney, Rio. They all have good areas and bad areas. With that amount of people in the same city you are guaranteed to get the extremes of rich and poor, dirty and clean, good and bad.

·
Registered
439 Posts
"I've never been somewhere so dirty"

--> you should travel a little more often...

"someone needs to bomb that place so that they are forced to build one that isn't so crummy"

--> no need to put a bomb, the roof of the latest hall has collapsed 2 years ago (6 people were killed)

"i want to kill every french person working for Air France"

--> only french persons or everybody working for Air France ?!

·
Registered
462 Posts
I can sympathize with your grieviences towards your guitar.

However if it was so important to you, you should have hand carried it, or better still brough a flight case along.

Your comments about Paris as a city and the French as a people are completely uncalled for. I believe there are several people on this forum who are French as well.

Saying stuff the way you did, ain't gonna change the situation at all.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Dude...how the scratches and dents??? Surely you werent daft enough to just have your prize UV in a bag????? And then let them check it to boot. Use some common sense8O. Also, you say your dad made you bring it?? Then blame him, not all these other folks. Next time you should be big enough to say NO to your father and his rediculous request...what's he going to do, ~spank~ you...also, he should pay for the repairs, or better yet..get you a new one......2 cents!

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
scanlan75018 said:
When you ask with a smile and don't yell at people, Air France will treat you and your guitar perfectly...
yeah well i tried the polite thing the first time, but it didn't work so i tried being stubbern.....its just annoyed them to the point of working lol

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
jemsite said:
what is so great about Indiana? ;) ...glen
oh don't get me wrong i'm from a town called noblesville its mabye 45mins away from the indy airport....well my town was a country town, but not any more. We moved her to live in a neighabor hood, cause thats what my mom wanted, but it was in the middle of no where. Now it went from feilds to houses and takes me 40mins to drive to school when its like 4miles away. I hate indiana :( i didn't like paris because you hear about how beautiful it is and you get there and sure there are good parts like notre dame.....the most amazing building i've ever seen. But there is more bad than good there.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
scanlan75018 said:
"I've never been somewhere so dirty"

--> you should travel a little more often...

"someone needs to bomb that place so that they are forced to build one that isn't so crummy"

--> no need to put a bomb, the roof of the latest hall has collapsed 2 years ago (6 people were killed)

"i want to kill every french person working for Air France"

--> only french persons or everybody working for Air France ?!
only the french people working for air france.....they are the only ones who wouln't check my brothers 800speed film by hand and the sent it though the x-ray machine about 4times laughing at him cause they knew it was ruining his film. the rest of french people are ok though.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
JJEMMER777 said:
Dude...how the scratches and dents??? Surely you werent daft enough to just have your prize UV in a bag????? And then let them check it to boot. Use some common sense8O. Also, you say your dad made you bring it?? Then blame him, not all these other folks. Next time you should be big enough to say NO to your father and his rediculous request...what's he going to do, ~spank~ you...also, he should pay for the repairs, or better yet..get you a new one......2 cents!
My father flys constantly he said there would be no problem with bringing it on. I had no problem carrying it on from indy to detroit. You think i just let them check my guitar........use some common sense......i wouln't be complaining if i would have just given them my guitar. I had it in its hard shell case. They hurt it by not being careful with it when they took it out of the case to check it. I'm fine with the case getting injured it has no flight damage...only damage from them not being careful when they took it out of the case.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.