Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the difference as far as parts wise between the Ibanez JS24P & JS2480? I know the pickups are different flavors of Dimarzio's. But, what gives the JS2480 such a higher price tag?

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
The bridge, nut, pots and caps are the only parts that they share. 75% of the cost difference is the 3rd world build of the Premiums against 1st world of the 2480. Then add 1st world parts and the sustainer.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Ok, thanks Rich. I was just wanting to know. I was thinking about getting the high end parts for the JS24P to make it as close to a JS2480 as I could. I see you sale parts.... do you stock the parts I would need ?

·
Vendor
26,504 Posts
The sustainiac is somewhere around $200+. I think Brawer charges $650 for the whole system installed, plus shipping.

Want to save money and have a better guitar, buy the better guitar.

·
Premium Member
1,328 Posts
Rich is right. If you can afford a Japanese JS get it. If you can't, then accept the 24P for what it is. Rather than feeling like you can swap it into being a 2480 because that isn't gonna work.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I was just wondering about the parts difference. I picked one up for $500. I honestly am not a Ibanez fan. But, for the price I figured I'd give it a shot. I love how slim the body is compared to a Strat or Les Paul.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.