Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hi guys, i was thinking of getting a jsx combo for bedroom/gig use. is it a nice amp? i hope it sounds good at low volume for bedrrom. is the crunch and ultra channel any good? noisy? how about the speaker or tubes? do they suck? should i change em if i buy the amp? any info would be good. im currently deciding between this and a marshall vintage modern combo. i plan on using a jemini distortion overdrive pedal with the amps.i play blues, vaiish gilbert stuff and metal. i also have never tried the amps and cant.thanks.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
You can't go wrong with a JSX combo. The amp will give you a sweet tone right out of the box.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
21 Posts
I've heard it's really versatile. From the demos that I've watched, it doesn't seem to be too noisy...and it does have a master volume right? I think it would be alright for bedroom playing, probably won't sound it's best at low levels though

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Actually, the amp sounds good at low volumes. Obviously, if you need tube saturation you will need to turn it up loud. For bedroom and house playing, you can turn it to 1or 2 and it sounds fine.

·
Registered
23 Posts
The JSX is the best sounding combo I have ever had. It sounds great at bedroom levels because each channel has it's own volume, which you can crank, and then use the master volume to turn it down. You won't even need those pedals, this thing sounds great by itself. The crunch channel is "Marshally" and the ultra is high gain. It also has a built in noise gate knob, and a 50/100 watt switch on the back of the amp. You can't go wrong with the JSX.

·
Registered
425 Posts
wow im tempted to get a jsx now,looked on the bay, good prices too

now to factor in shipping...

can someone give me the dimensions of the head/combo? as well as the weight?
greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Actually, the amp sounds good at low volumes. Obviously, if you need tube saturation you will need to turn it up loud. For bedroom and house playing, you can turn it to 1or 2 and it sounds fine.

Proves what I know :p:

Combo:
26.625" W x 20.25" H x 11.375" D
83.9lbs

Head:
26.5" W x 10.875" H x 11" D
54.3lbs

EDIT: Just found a JSX Combo on **** for $1,600. They retail for nearly $4000 here >.<

And it's a local sale too!

·
Banned
2,459 Posts
Proves what I know :p:

Combo:
26.625" W x 20.25" H x 11.375" D
83.9lbs

Head:
26.5" W x 10.875" H x 11" D
54.3lbs

EDIT: Just found a JSX Combo on **** for $1,600. They retail for nearly $4000 here >.<

And it's a local sale too!
Woah! You don't have your location listed. I suspect it's not the USA.

·
Registered
2,217 Posts
If Peavey does the 50w 1x12 JSX, I'm ditching my Rivera R55. I miss the tone of my JSX with the Marshall 1960 4x12, but the bulk was killing me.

·
Registered
551 Posts
I'm very happy with mine. Sounds great at any volume, especially turned up in a live band situation. Low volume sounds good too, just wish it had a headphone jack so you can jam without disturbing anyone!
Best combo amp I've played so far, better than the 6100 marshall anni that satch used to play.
The Jsx is very versatile.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello everyone,

Newbie here. I just traded up from a Valveking 1x12 to a JSX combo last Friday, and am very happy, thus far. However, I am having some hum issues, that I'm concerned about. I get intermittent hum, which is noticeable when the guitar is both plugged in and unplugged. I think it might be a ground issue, but am not sure. I love the tone of the amp, but want to rectify this situation. A few times I've turned on the amp and it's sounded crystal clear, but then the hum shows up after a while. I have tried turning off other electric devices nearby, unplugging fx pedals, and really don't have the volume very loud. My FX pedals are powered with a Godlyke power-all, and I had no problems with hum when plugging into the Valveking. The hum completely disappears when I turn the master volume down, but again it doesn't matter if the guitar is plugged in or not.

Any suggestions? I was looking to pick-up an ISP Decimator or maybe trying a Hum X. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just an update....picked up a Hum X yesterday, and the problem didn't go away. I listened to some of the demos of the ISP decimator on youtube, and the hum/buzz I'm hearing is similar to a lot of the amps demoed on there without the use of the Decimator. Is this just normal tube amp buzz? I'm afraid it's not, because sometimes it clears up. Turning the volume up/down on the guitar or individual channels have no effect on it, only the master volume switch. Any insight would be much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
846 Posts
Sorry if I'm going a little off topic here, but would a JSX head through a 2x12 cab have the same level of distortion and decent tone as the combo at the same volume?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts