Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
I'm not sure that anyone even has them in stock yet. I had ordered one of each at the wNAMM show for the store I use to work for, and they haven't gotten them yet. I'm curious too as to how they will sound. As for the price, they are being made overseas to keep the retail price down.
Josh

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
The combos are out now, or will be soon, the heads should be right behind them. They almost sound too good to be true for the price, but Peavey has done that before, it will be interesting to hear them. I did talk to Roger at Peavey (yeah, it could've gotten confusing:) about the Penta, and asked about the VK, he said that it was more Fender-y while the Penta was very old school Marshall-y.

Roger

·
Registered
962 Posts
nightfiend14 said:
I just read a gear review article in my latest musician's friend and the guy reviewing it just sang nothing but praise for the 1x12 adn 2x12 combos. He didn't have the head to review though.
Dude, those articles are 100% bull.

Im not saying anything about the quality of the amp, but those articles are so biased.

Think about it, they put that in a CATALOG, so you'll read it and go HEY!!! I WANT THAT!!!! and then buy it.

Marketing 101: Make your item look desirable as possible.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Gex said:
Dude, those articles are 100% bull.

Im not saying anything about the quality of the amp, but those articles are so biased.

Think about it, they put that in a CATALOG, so you'll read it and go HEY!!! I WANT THAT!!!! and then buy it.

Marketing 101: Make your item look desirable as possible.
while this is fairly true, they did a good job of describing the amp so you at least have a idea of what it has.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.