Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In light of recent events, it may be a good idea for anyone concerned to do a Google search for pics they've posted in all corners of the Internet.
Remember--if you've ever posted it online, then it's still out there for anyone to use.
Last winter, I found pics of my LNG in someone else's eBay listing.
After a quick Google search of "purple Ibanez" I found pics of many of mine.
If you don't want anyone using your pics, you may want to watermark them or remove them--if possible.
While I don't mind people looking at my guitars, it does bother me when people use them as their own.
If you're in the same boat--you may want to occasionally Google searching pics and make sure they don't lead to someone else's website or advertisements.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
When I searched "PGM301" mine is the 19th picture down, and the 37th is me playing it at a Metal Blade event show. Easy to recognize with my Thelonious Monk poster and mismatched pickups. Swirl owners are also easy to spot - its like fingerprints. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering who owns which one though... :| Every time one pops up on ebay I wonder "hmmm, do I know -that- one?"

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
When I searched "PGM301" mine is the 19th picture down, and the 37th is me playing it at a Metal Blade event show. Easy to recognize with my Thelonious Monk poster and mismatched pickups. Swirl owners are also easy to spot - its like fingerprints. Sometimes I have a hard time remembering who owns which one though... :| Every time one pops up on ebay I wonder "hmmm, do I know -that- one?"
Yep--it's also a good way to watch out for each other, too. Like if you spot something on eBay that you know belongs to someone else.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts