1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All
Recently got an old PGM 100 that i am restoring
So- I need you guys' help on some stuff
Do any of you know if the wiring is the same for this model as it is for the other PGMs (you can find those schematics on Ibanez' page).

Also can some of you PGM 100 owners tell me the value of the condensator and pots in your guitar?

Thank you Sirs.
I will upload some pictures once i get this project started!
- Simon

·
Registered
157 Posts
Do you mean capacitor? The PGM 100 should have the same wiring as a standard H-S-H Ibanez.
Almost. Not having a tone pot makes a slight difference.

I have a PGM 100 (Jewel Blue) which I also plan to restore. I have the registration/warranty card from 1993 still inside the case. That guitar will be with me till I die.

The wiring diagram for the 1994 PGM 300 should be the same on theory. But the pickups are not the same. The 100 comes with DiMarzio Paf Pro on both neck and bridge positions, and a FS1 on the middle. Later models have a Tone Zone on the bridge, the FS1 on middle and a Humbucker From Hell on the neck. I don't see how that could change the wiring.

I did noticed, that the Tone Zone on the PGM 300 is a Reversed Type pick up. I have no idea how will that affect the sound, or if the PGM 100 bridge pick up was also reversed. I think when in the second position you will have the coil closer to the bridge, along with the middle pick up. Instead of the norm, which is the coil closer to the mid. Correct me if I am wrong, I really don't know.

From the DiMarzio Page: PGM 301 Wiring Diagram

From The Ibanez Page: PGM 300 Wiring Diagram

I just found out that the reissues from 2009, also come with Paf Pro.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts