Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for a fixed bridge guitar right now and the PGM301 seems to be the one that best fits what I'm looking for. What are important to me are:

- Fender style string-through bridge
- 24 frets with good access to higher frets
- H-S-H or H-H pickups
- $1500-ish

Are there any other guitars that fit this description? It seems like most fixed bridge guitars use Tune-o-matic style bridges.

Thanks.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
acoustic1991 said:
Go with the 301. The others might be disappointing.
Heh, ok. I'm pretty sure I'm getting the 301. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something.

·
Registered
3,619 Posts
Yeah, nothing can be compared to a PGM. There isnt really anything thats too similar. And even if you did get something similar - you would regret not getting the PGM. Go with the PGM301 and be happy. My friend wanted me to buy his a while ago, but it just wasnt what I was after.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott 74 said:
I love PGM's but the necks are just to thin and too wide....well the thin part isn't bad ;o)
Oh, that was going to be my next question. What is the neck on the PGM? According to the specs on the Japanese Ibanez site, it sounds like a Wizard. But the American site says that it's 2mm thicker than the Wizard.

I don't think the neck is particularly wide though. It says 43mm at the nut.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
p4t4h said:
Ibanez Japan has some RG Prestiges with fixed bridge :
Thanks. The 3271 does look nice. I really wish there was a fixed bridge J-Custom though. :|

You can order them from stores like Ishibashi, but the problem is you can't try them out first..
That's ok. I won't be able to try it out anyway--I'm lucky if I can walk into a guitar store around here and see a single high-end Ibanez.

·
Registered
1,803 Posts
Funny I should make that comment since I own two PGM's..........hmmmm........it's probably because the edges of the neck aren't rolled like my J custom or I'm sure thats part of the reason ;o)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts