Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I have to ask because I’m baffled. This is a cool color combo for the PGM model, but I can’t find any history on the color scheme. If it was repainted after the factory, they did a good job on the F Holes and emblem. Can anyone speculate on if this was done by Ibanez, or someone else? Thanks!!

Attachments

·
Registered
2,297 Posts
Cool color combo.

F-Hole positions are just a tad off. Looks like a nicely refinished PGM300. I’ve never seen Paul or any other player with this as a possible custom shop one-off.

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
The trem is from an 87' or before, this was long before PGM's existed. Only pulling the neck and seeing the pocket will tell you anything real, but you can buy plenty of aftermarket PG bodies and paint it anything you want, throw a 300 neck on it and be done. You've never showed the headstock either because if it's factory or CS the logo would be paint, and correct.

·
Registered
841 Posts
The trem is from an 87' or before, this was long before PGM's existed. Only pulling the neck and seeing the pocket will tell you anything real, but you can buy plenty of aftermarket PG bodies and paint it anything you want, throw a 300 neck on it and be done. You've never showed the headstock either because if it's factory or CS the logo would be paint, and correct.
Why did you noticed it was a '87 or older trem?

·
Vendor
26,493 Posts
You will see a few carryover into early 88's but IIRC that's would be by far the exception and not the rule.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts