Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How is the PGM different from a regular Wizard II. I thought the spes were the same?

Also would it be easy to put a push/pull knob on the volume so I could have a tone also?

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
According to the 2005 Ibanez catalog, the PGM's neck is a full 2mm thicker than a Wizard (which are super thin according to the same catalog) To make matters confusing the specs refer to the PGM301WH neck as 3pc Wizard neck Prestige but you may want ot check out how that feels for yourself.

Mind you, the PGM301 has a fixed bridge, so the closest RG is the much lower spec'd RG321MH. The PGM remains the only RG with a maple fretboard.

For the money you may also want to check out the arch-top RGA321F.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Thrash said:
How is the PGM different from a regular Wizard II. I thought the spes were the same?
The new 05' PGM has the same neck profile, and 5-piece construction, as any of the prestige necks. (Reverse headstock and maple fingerboard being the only difference.) Same as the RG15xx and up series, RGA, and even Jem. The Ibanez Japan website has the dimensions listed for each model if you want to check them out. --Jason

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
jkahrs said:
The new 05' PGM has the same neck profile, and 5-piece construction, as any of the prestige necks. (Reverse headstock and maple fingerboard being the only difference.) Same as the RG15xx and up series, RGA, and even Jem. The Ibanez Japan website has the dimensions listed for each model if you want to check them out. --Jason
According to the 2005catalog only the RGT and 7string (1527, K7, UV) have a 5 piece neck all other (prestige) necks are 3piece. Other exceptions are the JS and AT (both one piece)

It wouldn't surprise me, if the Ibanez Japan website were wrong, as it specs the RGA (and others) as a 5piece neck, but the picture clearly shows a 3piece neck. Also for every single RG-type guitar, the neck dimensions are the same according to ibanez.co.jp (PGM, Jem, JC, RG, RGT, RGA)

·
Registered
477 Posts
The walnut strips are not as wide on the 6-string models as they are on the 7-strings. So if you're just looking at a picture, you may not see the strips. Trust me, they are there though. --Jason

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.