Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Because jmp just had to start his NGD thread, I was lusted into lightening my wallet. In his thread, I stated that I never had any intentions of purchasing any of the PIA models. After seeing his photos, for whatever reason the fire was lit. I ordered it on Thursday and it showed up on Saturday in all its splendor:

Super easy to setup, feels great, and at this point I have nothing to complain about. Initial inspection has me very pleased.

·
Registered
43 Posts
that is an insanely freaking pretty guitar,
trying to figure out what I want next, I was set on an RG but this... this looks special without being pretentious, it has class... its like Audrey Hepburn came back as a guitar.
dang.
I'm super happy for you dude, please share your experience with it as time passes!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Green is the best PIA color. It would look extra nice with pink pickups, ala the original green Charvel.
Someone on the Facebook JEM/PIA group did exactly that! He put pink DiMarzios, yellow knobs and cosmo black hardware on a green PIA to match his 777 LNG. Looks killer!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Someone on the Facebook JEM/PIA group did exactly that! He put pink DiMarzios, yellow knobs and cosmo black hardware on a green PIA to match his 777 LNG. Looks killer!
Can you share the link or upload the photo?

·
Registered
26 Posts
I had to relevel a few frets, also the saddles started fading 3 weeks later lol, Ibanez sent me a whole new set which was great!! The only real complaint whcih ive seen no one mention ( except Vai) the fret board /neck is wide, feels nothing like a jem,, initial was disappointed because of the neck but Ive learned to like it

·
Registered
806 Posts
I had to relevel a few frets, also the saddles started fading 3 weeks later lol, Ibanez sent me a whole new set which was great!! The only real complaint whcih ive seen no one mention ( except Vai) the fret board /neck is wide, feels nothing like a jem,, initial was disappointed because of the neck but Ive learned to like it
This is the entire reason why I like this new neck so much. There is also more shoulder to it then the previous Jem neck. I find it way more comfortable now!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I get along with both necks just fine, but i do prefer the older neck profiles as well.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts