Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
1,379 Posts
No doubt, both lines create great guitars ! Had a JCRG for some years and since a few weeks i play a PIA. For me, PIA is the choice. I love the playability, the quality, the concept and the elegancy of the PIA line. Also i like the new Utopia pickups more than the pickups of the JCRG.

Cheers !

· Premium Member
1,379 Posts
I think no-one can make up your mind for you. I can tell you my long term experience. I used to be a huge fan of Jems but after a few decades I've started to dislike the monkey grip looks. The PIA looks even worse in my opinion. Also Jem build quality was never that great for the price point in my opinion. I think J Customs are overpriced but getting a good used one sounds like a nice idea.

It's a shame that LACS guitars or similar designs are not available publicly. LACS can make entirely different necks which I think are better than any PIA or J Customs I know of. Of course that's a preference issue too.
Very helpful answer for the thread starter. Should he buy a LACS, or what did you want to tell us?

· Premium Member
1,379 Posts
"Some guitars are built for performance, some for aesthetic. These instruments are the best of both worlds... and perhaps the universe!"
Steve Vai
I second this statement about the PIA. So the choice should be easy.

Cheers !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.