Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I have to replace the pickguard on my RG2550 to make it work correctly with the sustainiac stealth plus I've had installed in it.

Any suggestions? Anything mirrored or with a foil backing is out.

I'm mostly looking for cosmetic opinions!

Thanks much

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Does anyone happen to know of an aftermarket pickguard that will fit it? I'm looking at ordering a replacement RG1550 pickguard from ibanez.. It looks like the holes line up fine but its hard to tell.

Thanks!

·
Registered
9,952 Posts
Does anyone happen to know of an aftermarket pickguard that will fit it? I'm looking at ordering a replacement RG1550 pickguard from ibanez.. It looks like the holes line up fine but its hard to tell.

Thanks!
Try Pickguard Paradise (banner above).

Regards

André

·
Registered
347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I've already ordered the RG1550 guard, for pure simplicity's sake. I'd rather just order a replacement and roll with it than try to decide between 2000 different designs and remove all the hardware from the one I have, send it in, wait for the new one to be cut, shipped, hope it fits... etc. If nothing else, guitar center will take it back if it doesn't fit.

So, if anyone knows if it'll fit, i'd be most grateful.

Thanks!

·
Registered
8,514 Posts
I'm not sure. Isn't the 2550 neck a couple of mm wider at the top of the neck? You might have to hack a little bit off, but I think otherwise it'll work.

BTW, you don't have to look through 2000 designs, just tell them what you want and have them make it. The choice is yours, though. But of course it'd fit, it would be exactly the same fit as your current plate, IE; perfect.

·
Registered
787 Posts
There should be no difference between 1550 and 2550 pickguard shape. WD is another company that will duplicate any pickguard in almost any material.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts