Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,410 Posts
Maybe he doesn't want to spend $5 for six when he could get the same thing for less. It might not sound like much, but it adds up if you eat through picks.
I bought a pack of PG picks to try them out. They were very good, but a bit too shallow for me.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Maybe he doesn't want to spend $5 for six when he could get the same thing for less. It might not sound like much, but it adds up if you eat through picks.
I bought a pack of PG picks to try them out. They were very good, but a bit too shallow for me.
I think they are just little bit to small for me.

I burned mine up really fast, maybe it's the material or that I use it differently since it smaller then what I usually use.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I use the Ibanez heavy "Sandpaper grip" picks and I love 'em but they're the same price as the Gilbert picks.

I really like the point on the sandpaper picks and the material they use sound nice to me. Solid attack but no "ping" in each picked note.

·
Registered
183 Posts
I switched from Ibanez Paul Gilbert's to Sandgrips, and they are the same or better in ever single aspect. Very recomendable.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I know whats perfect for you! Dunlop Big stubby 1.0 mm. Thats what I use! Very similar!
Actually, as a former Big Stubby user I can unequivocally state that they're not very similar because they sound a lot different.

The Ibanez picks are made of standard pick material (delrin if I recall correctly) and the Stubbies are made from a much harder plastic. The Ibanez picks have a smoother attack whereas the Stubbies has a much sharper attack and add a "ping" to the sound. Whether or not this is good is subjective but make no mistake, they are not similar in tone at all.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Those stubbies look rounded off while the Ibanez Sandgrips/PG's are flat. How can you say that they are the same when they differ in such a vital point?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts