Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey all. Relatively new to the forum.

I just picked up a brand new Ibanez RG. Plays great, but I’d like to swap out the pickups, so looking for recommendations.

I’d love to have a set o pups that can handle some high gain stuff, but that can also manage that 90’s grunge sound.

I’m also trying to find someplace that has a black pick guard for the RG or maybe someone who would make one?

Thanks!

·
Registered
567 Posts
That nineties grunge sound?
You can probably get it with the right pedals/EQ mix on almost any rig with decent pickups. Kurt wasn't that fussy gear wise...
Pearl Jam = also need a good strat type sound for the Mike McCready bits..

With a 2x humbucker ibanez i think the JS load-out is really flexible. Paf Pro neck, Fred in the bridge and coil taps/high pass filter on push pull pots.
The high pass really makes a difference when you roll the volume back if you want a mix of high gain and lower single coil styles on 1 guitar.

They'll be others more knowledgeable than me.. But as it was a bit quiet i thought I'd get the ball rolling.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.