Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im about to get a tone zone and air norton for my rg350ex. i'm wondering what single coil would go well for the middle... I've been looking at the dimarzio FS-1 but I noticed that some guitars (one being the rg3550mz) had a true velvet in the mid, so I've been kind of wary about choosing.

mostly with my middle coil i play stuff like chili peppers and little wing or any kind of blues song. any suggestions on what would go well with the TZ and AN and handle those sorts of songs?

·
Registered
576 Posts
true velvet or evolution single (a bit harder to find separately) are great single coils, very strat like for bright cleans. FS-1 is a bit more powerful and warm, which may or may not be the right thing for you. I have evo single and liquifire (which is similar to AN) and they combine rather well in position 4 for bluesy stuff. A bit more power than the single alone but much less than full humbucker.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I *think* you need 175S (middle) that has reverse polarity to make it hum cancelling in positions two and 4. Even if you get the regular one you'be able to make it hum cancelling by using other coils of neck and bridge but it would sound differently and would require more work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts