Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i currently own a JS100 and ive purchased the dimarzio fred and PAF joe pickups. before i go and install them, does anyone have any tips or know of an websites that can help me?

cheers :p

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Help you install the pickups? Try the Ibanez site for wiring diagrams, the DiMarzio site for more pickup and wiring info (as is included with the pickups). Try www.projectguitar.com for more info.

You should be able to just wire them in the same way as the current ones ... unless you want to change it for some other reason.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i meant also any tips or tricks i should know of incase i run into something unplanned :D
wise advice call it if u will :)

·
Registered
520 Posts
Just follow the color codes in the new pickups and replace the old wires with the new wires. Should be easy. Let us know if you have any problems!!
Josh

·
Registered
403 Posts
I plan on doing this with my JS100 also. If you wire as the schematic show the color differs with the Dimarzio and the stock pick-up I believe.

If they are different. The new Red goes where the old White did.
The New white&black are tied together and goes where the old red was.
And the new green &shield are tied together and placed where the old shield ground was.

For those who've tried this, do I have it wrong?

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
http://www.dimarzio.com/Text/Install/4Conductor.pdf

tells you what it what.

black and white go together.
red is hot
green and bare are ground.

that is the standard way.

so snip the current pickups and find the hot, or the one that isn't soldered to the bottom of the volume pot . Then just connect and finish soldering it all up, very simple, i know if you never done it before it looks a bit complicated but it isn't . If you need anything else pm me, i have installed a few dimarzio humbuckers before and can help out a bit if you need it.

·
Registered
403 Posts
I just upgraded my JS100 with the Dimarzio JS1200 pickups. I have to admit this is the best sounding guitar I ever owned now. It has an all around sound to play most any music. I think I finally have the guitar I've been searching for now.

·
Registered
238 Posts
LMDAVE said:
I just upgraded my JS100 with the Dimarzio JS1200 pickups. I have to admit this is the best sounding guitar I ever owned now. It has an all around sound to play most any music. I think I finally have the guitar I've been searching for now.
Nice!!!!!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
LMDAVE said:
I like the tone and feel of the JS's a lot. I find them to be fitting tonewise for what a Les Paul would be well fit for and with a low profile neck, a locking trem and much lighter. Only thing they can't match is the cleans of a LP with PAFs, but they have a dirty-clean sound that is great for a lot of normally-clean riffs!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts