Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any alternatives to pickgaurd sheiding other than ordering through guitar parts stores online? Anything I could buy here in town and glue to the pickgaurd? Any ideas? thanks, Tim......

·
Registered
116 Posts
i'm not sure what you mean. you can use shielding tape for the cavities and if you want use aluminum foil for the underside of the pickguard (don't let it touch the pickup or it's susceptible for more noise than you'd want).shielding the top from deep scratches you could use some clear gloss to help prevent that...

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Talking about the sheilding on the underside of the pickgaurd?? Just use alumminum foil? Is the copper sheilding better than alum.?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Yes, we understood you.

I use aluminum duct tape, from the heating section of hardware stores ALL THE TIME.

Authors, books and other tech guys actually suggest plain aluminum foil, with a spray adhesive. Then you have to trim off the excess. That's alot harder.

The copper foil tape which comes in rolls works as well as the thinner aluminum. Use on the underside of pickguard, as you intended.

Strat Man Dwight

1 - 6 of 6 Posts