Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a Yamaha Pacifica 521.
Alder body, maple neck, rosewood fingerboard.
http://www.jemsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72499

I want to replace the pickups, and I will go with Seymour Duncans.
On the bridge, I will put a JB. I just love that pickup!
However, I don't really know what to put in the neck and middle!
I am leaning towards Jazz/'59 on neck and SSL-52 on the middle. I really want a Strat-like sound on those two positions.

Any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,470 Posts
I think you're on the right track with the SDs, there. But if you really want the Strat sounds, why not try Fender pickups? But then again, some (?) SDs are hum cancelling, which is really great! :)

By the way, you can check out my Pacifica here. :)

Alwin

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just put a set of Air Classics and a HS-2(wired in vintage mode) in my Yamaha YG. The sustain is insane. Great tone!!! I know you are set on SD,but so was I. there is something about Dimarzios. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The question is... my humbuckers are held in place by 3 screws. DiMarzios don't do that. SD's Trembuckers do! So, I'll go for Trembuckers.

That being, I'll go for an all-3 SD configuration.

Oh... I forgot to tell you that I will install a push/pull pot, so I can tap both neck and bridge humbucker. I have ordered the JB already.
Should I go for the '59? I really like it in my Yamaha RGX820Z. But since both are alder bodies, wouldn't I be somewhat "repeating" sounds? Would the Jazz be too trebly on an alder body? If so, what should I choose?

Cheers...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.