Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm new here so I thought I would post some pics of my kids.

My 550, Universe and PGM301 (notice stop tail on Universe)

Other misc pieces I have/had (I had to ditch the USRG30 in the front because the bunker neck was trashed when I got it : v (

·
Registered
1,152 Posts
Josh_P said:
I had to ditch the USRG30 in the front because the bunker neck was trashed when I got it
just curious what went wrong with the tension-free neck exactly. i just acquired a usrg myself. would like to know what to look out for!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
damo7v said:
just curious what went wrong with the tension-free neck exactly. i just acquired a usrg myself. would like to know what to look out for!
What happened was the previous owner didn't know how to adjust the neck and put a twist in it. Not bowed but actually twisted. I tried to relieve it with no avail. I didn't dig the headstock angle (or lack there of) either.

As far as my Universe is concerned, I have always hated tremelo systems. I grew up playing Les Pauls and just got used to stop tails. I also play very aggressively on stage which causes problems with tremelo's (notice the PRS in the last pic, the neck pickup was finally replaced with foam after I demolished the third one) I've been playing for 18 years now and just never had a use for them. Not slamming them, it's just not my thing (hence one of the reasons I bought the PGM) This is going to piss some people off but ALL OF MY RG's ARE BLOCKED OFF! ooooooooo shame shame : v ) A good friend of mine had the mod performed on the Universe and I always drooled over it. Eventually he sold it to me along with his VHT Pittbull I was lusting over as well.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
i dont see what every1 else is fussing about! the stop tail looks nice, probably makes the guitar sound super nice, play real easy and not provide half the hassle of a floater!
dont get me wrong i like my edge pro on my guitar but i can understand why u did it and think it looks good! nice one man!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
timi_h said:
i dont see what every1 else is fussing about! the stop tail looks nice, probably makes the guitar sound super nice, play real easy and not provide half the hassle of a floater!
dont get me wrong i like my edge pro on my guitar but i can understand why u did it and think it looks good! nice one man!
Thanks man! Believe it or not, it actually has more sustain.

Another thing I do is move the volume knob down 1 inch on my 550's. (you can kinda see in the first pic) My pinky always hits it. (ANOTHER reason why the PGM is perfect for me : v ) Did I mention that I love my PGM?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.