Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All in the title, I would start this but all I have is my guitar (yamaha RGX121 w/ DiMarzio PAF Pros, pretty boring but sounds nice)

Lets see some interesting (and probably astounding) rig pics!

Joe

·
Registered
201 Posts
i don't have any pics, but this is my rig

Peavey Wolfgang or RG7321
|
Vox V847 wah pedal
|
Boss GE7 eq pedal (used as boost)
|
Cornford Mk50 Amp Head
| (in loop)
Zoom GFX 8 (Used for effects only)
|
Laney 4x12 slant cab

It sound rather nice, but soon (in the next few days) i should get the matching Cornford 4x12 cab(v30's), then it'll sound even better :)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Guitars:
Ibanez JEM7VWH
Ibanez S540LTD w/DiMarzio Pink Paf Pro's

Amps:
ENGL Screamer 50 Combo

Fx:
Vox V847 Union jack Limited Edition wah

I've stripped my rig down recently and sold lots of surplus guitars and a few amps.. kept all my favourite stuff my house was getting a little crowded.

·
Registered
201 Posts
disassociative1 said:
whats the peavey cab made out of?
Im not quite sure what my laney cab i made out of. Its a GS412IA, they don't have the construction on the laney site.
One thing i can say is that its quite a light cab, one person can easily pick it up and carry it, its a bit awkward but i have done it before to take it up stairs

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
haha, see, i saw your name as the last post here, chris, and thought, "oh no, not ANOTHER picture of his that's just going to depress me..." ;)

-D

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Here is my basic guitar rig.
At this point all I do is record and practice.
No live stuff really.
I have a 4x12 and a 2x12 that I can swap between.

Signal path is :
Guitar--> Dunlop Crybaby Rack--> Triaxis--> tri fx loop send into Rane EQ, into Rocktron Replifex into ART SGE Mach II back into FX return.
Triaxis Out to Mesa 20:20 into which ever cab I feel like playing through.
Controllers are the ART X-15 ultrafoot and the dunlop's controller.

Bamm

·
Registered
4,371 Posts
Also, here is a pic of our friend from Greece, "Ibanez_570"'s rack!
Signal path is as follows:
Ibanez RG-570 into Randall RG-100, Randall FX loop send to the virtualizer, back into loop return out to speaker.

Bamm

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
LOL If by "sticker" you mean "REALLY sweet-sounding amp that blows me away every time I power it up", then yes. It's a "sticker". :)

·
Registered
941 Posts

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
vaijem777 said:
LOL If by "sticker" you mean "REALLY sweet-sounding amp that blows me away every time I power it up", then yes. It's a "sticker". :)
I was kinda afraid of that. ;)

Which one did you get? Myself, I've been sorta lusting for an Excstacy ever since ALS... "Die to Live" is about the most amazing guitar sound in the world, IMO, and Vai's Excstacy-driven G3 live tone is worlds better than what he's got currently. Once again, IMO. ;)

-D

·
Registered
635 Posts
I never thought abot this before, but damn, you guys have some large rigs! :lol: Awesome rigs indeed, don't get me wrong.

Anyone else here like to keep things simple like me? Guitar, dist. pedal, 2 cables, and an amp. Would be just a guitar, cable, and amp, but my current amp's dist. channel sucks.

I do like playing around with some reverb, delay, and maybe a couple other effects in the studio, just for some atmosphere. I just use the studio's effects for that. I never cared about having a guitar rig that can reproduce all that exactly. If you listen to Death's Live in L.A. disc., those guys are playing bone dry, and it sounds great.

I'd post a pic, but I have no digital cam. There's not alot to see anyways. :lol: :wink:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts