Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a cheap rgt42dx today and decided to pin stripe it like my PGM. Going to put some Nailbomb pups and a Gotoh on this thing and call it a day. So far I LOVE this guitar (not using the trem).

Before

After

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Actually stole the idea from a fellow jemsite'r ; v )

It's simple automotive pin striping you get at Auto Zone (U.S.) I've had it on my PGM for a few years now and it doesn't move at all. Nice thing is it peels off no problem if you ever want to resale / change it up. It's tedious work though.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They also have Red, Blue, Chrome, and Yellow to choose from as well. Just be sure not to pull / stretch the pin striping when applying. When stretched too tight the stripe looses width and is noticeably thinner in the stretched places. It's a fairly tedious process and I also recommend putting the guitar as high as possible (I have a bar table at home) with as much light as you can put on it. This will help your eye find the "lines" easier. Please post pics after!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.