Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I walked in my local shop today, and low and behold there was one of the new EVH Frankenstrat replicas. I about collapsed when I saw the pricetag though...$25,000!

Regardless, it was probably one of the best playing guitars I've ever touched, surprisingly. Forget all the little details (every single scratch is there), the thing sounded and played amazingly. The pickup definitely gave the brown sound, played through a Bogner Shiva.

I spent a good two hours playing that thing. Regardless, it's $25,000 and no guitar is worth that much to me.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I thought they all sold out within 15 minutes.

That's what Chip Ellis said.

Either way, congrats! I haven't even been lucky enough to see one in real life, much less be able to play it.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You must be lucky! don't take this the wrong way but I find it hard to believe that a Guitar store would let a kid try out a $25,000 for 2 hrs just for kicks!!!
There's a simple reason to it: I don't act like most people in my age group. I don't hang out with many people in my age group (just mainly older people). I don't listen to the crap music they do. I don't laugh at the same stupid things they do. I don't become enthralled with some of the trivial things that they do. I don't do most of the stupid things they do. Not trying to brag on myself, but I just try to act older. I had a guy at the same store ask me how old I was after he had heard me talk about various things (guitar-related obviously). When I told him I was 15, he was amazed.

I know I'm probably coming across as very arrogant, somewhat brooding prick, but there's really no other way to explain.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
GC is still selling them online....

Yes waylay, you do sound a bit arrogant with the long-winded explanation. A little bit of advice though, you shouldn't try to act older because people can see it coming it a mile away. A simple sentence in response to Olie would've been enough IMO.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought they all sold out within 15 minutes.

That's what Chip Ellis said.

Either way, congrats! I haven't even been lucky enough to see one in real life, much less be able to play it.
Yeah, I bet they were sold out to the stores, but not necessarily individual customers.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
There's a simple reason to it: I don't act like most people in my age group. I don't hang out with many people in my age group (just mainly older people). I don't listen to the crap music they do. I don't laugh at the same stupid things they do. I don't become enthralled with some of the trivial things that they do. I don't do most of the stupid things they do. Not trying to brag on myself, but I just try to act older. I had a guy at the same store ask me how old I was after he had heard me talk about various things (guitar-related obviously). When I told him I was 15, he was amazed.

I know I'm probably coming across as very arrogant, somewhat brooding prick, but there's really no other way to explain.
I don't think that about you at all! it's just that kid or not it is very hard to believe that they would let you play the guitar without any indication that you were buying it! people that buy that stuff want the guitars untouched and inmaculate, I bet you anything that if someone knew that guitar was played for a while the buyer would request one out of the box not the floor model, specially, when you are spending that kind of dough!
It was the same when I used to sell cars we would never let just anyone test drive a Prowler or a Viper without prequalification, because the people who buy those cars want them with no more than 5 miles!!! 8O
But if you were able to play that axe through that rig good for you!!!

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
A little bit of advice though, you shouldn't try to act older because people can see it coming it a mile away.
It's not as if I'm saying kids can't be kids and just have fun. I mean, I don't know about you, but I think the world would be a lot better place if people (in my generation especially) started acting more responsibly and maturely. In regards to people seeing it coming from a mile away, I know what you mean. But how I act now is generally how I've always tried to act, so it's not really a "front" I'm putting on, per se. You're right though, I did overblow it with the response, and I'm sure a single line would have been adequate.

I don't think that about you at all! it's just that kid or not it is very hard to believe that they would let you play the guitar without any indication that you were buying it! people that buy that stuff want the guitars untouched and inmaculate, I bet you anything that if someone knew that guitar was played for a while the buyer would request one out of the box not the floor model, specially, when you are spending that kind of dough!
It was the same when I used to sell cars we would never let just anyone test drive a Prowler or a Viper without prequalification, because the people who buy those cars want them with no more than 5 miles!!! 8O
But if you were able to play that axe through that rig good for you!!!
Yeah, I completely understand. To be honest, I actually was a little shocked when he was like, "here, check out this EVH replica, it costs as much as my car!"

·
Registered
83 Posts
I agree that would be nice.You sound like a solid person waylay good for you.
Arrogance is a rampant thing nowadays so just try not to be a know it all and listen then respond accordingly.
So many young people have this I'm a bad ass complex I get really fed up trying to deal with them.
If I had an EVH you could play it anytime waylay.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I agree that would be nice.You sound like a solid person waylay good for you.
Arrogance is a rampant thing nowadays so just try not to be a know it all and listen then respond accordingly.
So many young people have this I'm a bad ass complex I get really fed up trying to deal with them.
If I had an EVH you could play it anytime waylay.
Yeah, that's one of the main reasons that I came to these boards. It's funny looking back at my first posts when I barely knew a thing about guitar equipment. I've learned so much on this site in just the past year with the help of some very knowledgeable people.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Yeah, I completely understand. To be honest, I actually was a little shocked when he was like, "here, check out this EVH replica, it costs as much as my car!"
Back when I was waylay's age, Jackson made a Limited Edition (200) replica of Randy Rhoad's white V (the original one, not the production one). I was probably wearing a Randy Rhoads shirt at the time and looking at a Jackson Rhoads Pro, and the guy who owned the store managed to score #7 of 200 and he was cool enough to go in the back and bring it up front and let me play it.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Back when I was waylay's age, Jackson made a Limited Edition (200) replica of Randy Rhoad's white V (the original one, not the production one). I was probably wearing a Randy Rhoads shirt at the time and looking at a Jackson Rhoads Pro, and the guy who owned the store managed to score #7 of 200 and he was cool enough to go in the back and bring it up front and let me play it.
Like I said being at the right place at the right time with the right person!!!

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Come to think of it, I can see why the owner of the store would let people play it. When you look at the guitar, there's really not a whole lot you can do to it to damage it. For 25 grand though, I'd keep it in a glass case if I were the owner of the store. That guitar will probably remain at the store and won't get sold for a while.

·
Premium Member
9,592 Posts
Who knows, it was probably 15 years ago. It wasnt for sale at the time, and even if it was I couldnt afford it. Im sure it was no where near $25K, I doubt guitar prices were that rediculous then.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
(in response to Jimmy) Yeah, he actually has it stored in a case behind the counter, so I guess I was pretty lucky to have the guitar literally handed to me.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
Are you talking about this Cid (found it at z zounds)? But I couldn't find a pic of the special edition one that had the original floyd in gold and Grover had signed each one of them. I remember it so well (I wanted one so badly ,but they were 5K at the time)

1 - 20 of 81 Posts