Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,116 Posts
That's a really good mix Lars. I think your levels and EQ are all on the mark. Very well thought out. I haven't had time to listen to previous versions for comparison, but I will later.

The only thing that jumps out at me are the kick and toms......they seem a little "sterile", or maybe monotonous is a better word. If you have the ability to play with the intensity on each separate drum....I would. A real drummer NEVER hits a head the same way repetitively and in perfect time. A little variation give the drum tracks a more "real life" sound.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a really good mix Lars. I think your levels and EQ are all on the mark. Very well thought out. I haven't had time to listen to previous versions for comparison, but I will later.

The only thing that jumps out at me are the kick and toms......they seem a little "sterile", or maybe monotonous is a better word. If you have the ability to play with the intensity on each separate drum....I would. A real drummer NEVER hits a head the same way repetitively and in perfect time. A little variation give the drum tracks a more "real life" sound.
Thank you very much for your feedback! Much appreciated ! :)

Yes, I agree, I should vary the MIDI velocities to get a less mechanic/ robot-like feel for the drum.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts