Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys

i have an old Ibanez, which i received as a gift. It was purchased from a pawn shop. I'm a newbie with guitars, so i need help identifying the exact model of my guitar.

so far, from what i can see the specs are:

6 string. 24 frets. RG body. Floyd Rose trem. Pickups are live EMG (custom?) and Two single coil. gotoh tuners. Made in Japan. serial number is f737829.

i hope you guys can help my identify the specs of my guitar. thanks forum in advance!

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
hey guys

i have an old Ibanez, which i received as a gift. It was purchased from a pawn shop. I'm a newbie with guitars, so i need help identifying the exact model of my guitar.

so far, from what i can see the specs are:

6 string. 24 frets. RG body. Floyd Rose trem. Pickups are live EMG (custom?) and Two single coil. gotoh tuners. Made in Japan. serial number is f737829.

i hope you guys can help my identify the specs of my guitar. thanks forum in advance!
This is the section you're supposed to search for your answer before creating a thread. If you can't find your answer--you create a thread in the proper section. In this instance-- you'd create a thread in " Other Ibanez Guitars"
Nobody can determine the model by the specs you provided or the serial number. It was made in Japan
in. March, 1987.

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
Go get 10 posts so you can provide pics. By your description--I'm guessing an RG-560, if it's really an RG series. You could have a Power540

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
sorry, i forgot to mention im a newbie at forums as well. apologies if i broke the rules.

thanks alaskabat, i'll input more posts and revise my post later on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
actually, i think your spot on with your suggestion Alaskabat. my guitar resembles the rg-560 accurately! you've been a great help! the catalogue confirmed it too from the link!
thanks a lot :D

·
Banned
9,291 Posts
actually, i think your spot on with your suggestion Alaskabat. my guitar resembles the rg-560 accurately! you've been a great help! the catalogue confirmed it too from the link!
thanks a lot :D
That's why they keep me around...LOL!
Enjoy it--those are awesome guitars from the golden age of Ibanez shredders

1 - 9 of 9 Posts