Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from Germany, ok, i am Italian but, i live here, i took in a sort of Ebay Craiglist this guitar......that was really in bad shape.... i did some pictures at time but, the one very important with the model name and other is offset.. after a couple of month, this piece of junk is another time a guitar, and .. surprise is really awesome, i just want to know something about this, becouse with this pick ups i didnt find nothing, just an old Roadstar model, with a different shape....
I bought find a cheap tremolo, and a JS neck that fit perfectly.. is the same Js... shape... these Humbuckers really sounds like EMG.. and i love it...

At least the consideration.. i took the guitar.. if you wants to call guitar.. for 45 euros... Js neck for 100 euros, and tremolo for 20...
and i am waiting that a friend have time to repair the original neck...

I wait for some info, and ciao or aufwiedersen, from Germany.

Attachments

·
Registered
547 Posts
The body looks like a 1990 540RHH with an extra pot in the middle, the broken neck is from 1987.

Unfortunately your photos are terrible, the neck pocket is out of focus and the broken neck doesn't show the fretboard or the heel so it's impossible to guess. The pickups look like the Ibanez vintage pickups fitted to the Proline series from '85 to '87.

I assume the brutal fitment of stud bushes behind the trem rout was to allow a stop tailpiece to be fitted instead of a trem.

Congrats, it's a mongrel, play it like you stole it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts