Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Folks,

Don't post here much, but value the site & members' wisdom greatly ;~)

I have a stupidly mad recording workload on (for a change!) and my Ibanez DNA, wonderful as it is... (and It is Awesome for many tasks)... Really needs a top tech work-over... I think the trem posts are loose in the body...but not sure .. though 11 yrs old... Basswood.. etc. it Will NOT Stay in tune !! (mainly E & A... all over the place ... may be the nut.. tried everything I know as a non tech player) I have run over all the tech advice on Rich's site (Ibanez rules) and spoke to him last week... but he disappeared to NAMM Since I tried everything.
I REALLY need this sorted ASAP. I'm in BATH UK (Near Bristol).

Are there any HIGHLY Recommended Techs / luthiers in this part of the world that:
A, Have huge, successful wisdom & experience with these guitars, and
B, Love to work on trem setups!!

I'm not going to give it to some guy who can do it but hates trems!! (and they exist!!)

PLEASE... Any ideas????

Yours... under great pressure.

Much thanks in advance

Gav.

·
Registered
953 Posts
If it doesnt need anything done to the frets, i.e. only needs adjustment to Truss rod, and general trem setup, I could have a look at it for you...
I'm not a tech as such, just a guitarist, but I do set up all my own guitars and am familiar with the Ibanez trems.
This is me http://www.elliejim.co.uk/quicksilver/jim.htm where you can see the guitars I'm familiar with, I work in Frome, so we could meet somewhere convenient...
Jim

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx man... but I am also extremely familiar with these guitars and setup mine all the time... This is a problem that is beyond any home setup situation... I've tried them all, either the nut is worn & needs replacing, or the trem posts need resetting.

I've found a guy in London, so failing any other responses from workshops, I'll take it there,

But thanks for your kind offer. ;~)

Best.

Gav.

·
Registered
112 Posts
There's a guy in swansea Called Gary Lewis,
He's easily the most talented luthier i've ever used,Pm Me for his number.He's Built me a jem and done massive amounts of work including swirl's on all manner of ibanez.
Keith

1 - 5 of 5 Posts