Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Please! Please! Help me-My jem is broken

Im a jem newbie and love my guitar, i've had it about a month, the strings however were really old as i think they had been on the guitar for about 5 months in the shop. I had ordered new strings which were due to arrive tomorrow, so i decided to remove my strings and clean my guitar. Done that, went ok but after I had slackened and then completely removed the strings the edge pro was sitting way down in the guitar. Being a spaz I read the instruction book, tightened one of the nuts beside the edge pro and it popped right out of my guitar. I cant seem to fit it back in. I wasn't sure if this was a good step to take- but i removed the backplate and slackened and then removed the springs in case they were under any strain with the edge being right out the guitar- i'm now left with my brand new guitar, with the edge missing completely-please please help me fix it again.
I know I'm probably stupid but please dont flame me- please help me fix it.

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Well, I know it's a bit late, but ALWAYS use a trem block when you take off the strings completly. Now your intonation will more than likely be messed up too. If you dont know how to properly intonate your guitar (and I am assuming you do not) Your prolly best off to take it in to a tech. You really are going to need a set up too (unless you got it from Rich) A good tech will fix your edge pro and propertly set up your guitar including the intonation. Round these parts a full set up costs around $ 45. and worth every penny. Oh and welcome by the way;)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, i have all the manuals and my friend is a tech who could intonate it for me im just needing a quick fix to get the edge attached and in place again till i can take it to him- Also how do you put pics up?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thnks guys ill get it looked at. I managed to replace the edge pro so ill get someone to fix it for me- im a player not a tech fan but i guess i should really have taken the time to get familier with my new guitar *oh well thnks for the help and not judging :)

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Just pop the trem back into the grooves in the posts and reconnect the springs and strings. You will have to adjust the action and the spring tension to get the trem level again. The intonation should be fine once it is adjusted again (assuming it was right before). Go check out Rich's site (ibanezrules banner at the top of the page).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.