Votes: 67 75.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think they need to make a Jem targeted towards the metal crowd called the Jem 666. Porbably should have an alder body and Breeds or Evos but make it look metal. Maybe paint it with dragons and stuff ;)

Who else is with me?

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Well...I'm a metal head, but I do not have evil tendencies. Dragons and mythical creatures are cool, but why do you have to have the 666 along with it??? Besides, Mr. Vai wouldn't allow it :) It annoys me that evil / darkness is always associated with metal. I'm sticking with the 7's :)

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
Yeah. Dragons and stuff would be cool. Just call it the "JEM666DIO" model. 'Cause dragons are cool and Ronnie James Dio likes dragons and other mythical and wonderful creatures.

Why not just do a J-custom model with little Hobbits and whatnot? The RG-GEEK would be a huge seller, I'm sure.

The JEM is a Steve Vai signature model. Therefore it will always have features that appeal to Steve Vai. The most "metal" the JEM will get was probably the DBK. The BSB was pretty "industrial" too.

·
Registered
4,117 Posts
ibanez most likely wouldnt do 1 named 666 because all of these religous,born again christians will get pissed at the company. y dont you just get a custom jem?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Sorry, I'm with vaijem777 on this one, plus I don't think it'll have a high selling point. How many people are going to get a Jem for dragons n' 666's? IMO, the greatest part of these guitars was their versatility- keep it clean and jazz with the neck is totally possible, give it warm od and blues is there, and of course a bit of distortion and its high point comes out, rock. I like breaking the idea that Ibanez = Metal, and a versatile guitar like the Jem makes that possible.

Creating a Jem to cater to one crowd will do just that, cater to a singular type of buyer, and not appeal to much anyone else.

Oh and if the born again christians were to crack down on Ibanez for making that, don't you think they would have stomped on Jackson a long time ago? ;)

·
Registered
970 Posts
JJEMMER777 said:
Well...I'm a metal head, but I do not have evil tendencies. Dragons and mythical creatures are cool, but why do you have to have the 666 along with it??? Besides, Mr. Vai wouldn't allow it :) It annoys me that evil / darkness is always associated with metal. I'm sticking with the 7's :)
+1

To be honest, the majority of great metal out there isn't even considered "evil" in the first place. Hell, if you want to buy a "wannabe satan" guitar, look at BC Rich. ;)

I am a giant metal head; however, having a lame dragon (think yngwie's "Trilogy" cover) or a pentagram on my guitar would make me loathe the model. I'm sure others agree. Don't defile the Jem!

Anyway, the Jem77fp is the epitome of metal. :p Don't think I'm kidding.

Nordhauser

·
Registered
936 Posts
I'm a very metal head guy, but i'm also Catholic and for that reason i probably wouldn't end up buying it on the number alone haha

Sorry, but Vai and 666... Don't match :p

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Nordhauser said:
+1

Nordhauser
+1 A dude rocking out on a FP is about as hardcore as it gets. I would much rather see a guy claiming to be super hardcore and rocking an FP than some BC rich satan-strat

·
Registered
936 Posts
Haha wow! That looks like a brilliant guitar!
*loud cough* :p

Joking aside, paint the whole thing paint and you've got a sorta Jem i guess haha

·
Registered
8,373 Posts
Nordhauser said:
+1
Nordhauser
You KNOW I don't think your kidding:lol:

Chud said:
Sorry, but Vai and 666... Don't match :p
Ya sure....didn't you know that pink kitty guitar Chris put up is Ronnie James Dio's :)

·
Registered
517 Posts
red5 said:
I think they need to make a Jem targeted towards the metal crowd called the Jem 666. Porbably should have an alder body and Breeds or Evos but make it look metal. Maybe paint it with dragons and stuff ;)

Who else is with me?
i'm for it bro as long as it don't look anything like that picture the bro's posted on here,-LOL!
The closes thing to what i think your talking about is a ROLLY J alloy Jem 6 string, his UV alloy 7 string is way beyond any guitar Ibanez ever made, as Satch would say -(Not of this earth)-& as Steve Vai did say QUOTE-("Wow!Wow! Wow!") as for me i want one now!

Cheers- Jake.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.