Votes: 67 75.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
vaijem777 said:
The JEM is a Steve Vai signature model. Therefore it will always have features that appeal to Steve Vai.
i think i remeber reading a quote from steve about he didnt like the fact that alot of guitars aimed at rock/metal players had skulls ect on at the time and thats why he chose more colourful designs for his jems such as the floral and the shocking colours etc.

and yes a666 would be lame

·
Registered
816 Posts
My custom jem looks pretty metal. Its black with binding, mirror pickguard, black pickups, and pyramids. Kinda like the UV777bk :)

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
GTR-MAN said:
Why 666 ? how freaking unbelievably stupid ! I've loved metal all my life and don't associate the devil with it. You just set back metal 100 years with that 666 thing.
Perfectly said, it's just not necessary, especially for a Jem - it's a freakin' signature model.

But, if you like that all that satanic crap buy one of those BC Rich models (as someone said earlier) or even the Washburn Scott Ian sig model with the little pentagram inlays on it. Of course, the funny thing about Ian's is that I never really thought of Anthrax and "devil" metal (maybe there was some hidden message in "I'm the Man" that I missed), but now I guess they need ot get a whole new group of youngsters back into their music.

·
Registered
70 Posts
lame! Skulls n stuff are creepy, but a dragon would be cool, like on those £30,000 PRS doublnecks, they're pretty sophisticated.

·
Registered
442 Posts
the jem is made to steve vais specifications and needs, he is not a metal head and would most likley not even touch the guitar, so there would be no point in calling it a jem. i could understand an rg model.

·
Registered
765 Posts
I don't really like metal guitars... too many sharp points! I really detest modern BC Rich guitars, and when I tell people I used to play one, they are like 'Whoa, METAL, DUDE!'. When I explain to them that it was basically a super strat shape, they told me I am not playing a proper metal guitar. Well that suits me fine, since I don't play metal.

I think a 666'ed RG would sell quite well though. I think someone suggested this before, or maybe I have seen one?

~M

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Mylo said:
I don't really like metal guitars... too many sharp points! I really detest modern BC Rich guitars, and when I tell people I used to play one, they are like 'Whoa, METAL, DUDE!'. When I explain to them that it was basically a super strat shape, they told me I am not playing a proper metal guitar. Well that suits me fine, since I don't play metal.

I think a 666'ed RG would sell quite well though. I think someone suggested this before, or maybe I have seen one?

~M
I agree, the Strat-type bodies are easily the most comfortable of all the available types, and IMO pretty much anything else is just done to shock (gibson flying v's, that thing-shaped guitar that vai was with in the ultra-zone cd) I don't really like that the Ibanez guitar name is so commonly associated with "metal" because they can really build some versatile instruments.

·
Registered
300 Posts
darren wilson said:
Fender's initial run of Hello Kitty guitars sold out very quickly. That's why they've added it as a regular model for this year.

On the subject of "666" and dragons... i'm not sure if you're serious or joking with this suggestion. This kind of "metal" has almost become its own self-parody.
It's a production model? Heaven help us.

It seems her ubiquitous presence here in Japan is not enough for Kitty. She wants total world domination.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
^
Hahahaha who'd think something as innocent as Hello Kitty would wind up invading the world? Or at least the six-string world ;)

·
Registered
2,445 Posts
ChopTart said:
^
Hahahaha who'd think something as innocent as Hello Kitty would wind up invading the world? Or at least the six-string world ;)
It was only a matter of time before they did something like this. What's next, Barbie?

·
Registered
208 Posts
red5 said:
I think they need to make a Jem targeted towards the metal crowd called the Jem 666. Porbably should have an alder body and Breeds or Evos but make it look metal. Maybe paint it with dragons and stuff ;)

Who else is with me?
Haha, man.......Metal aint Dragons and stuff like that !
Metal is Black guitars with EMG´s on it. =)

I would really love a Black Jem with white sides or list´s (or what you all call it, hope you´ll understand) and all the mechanic black..........damn, that would look nice........a pare of Evo´s on it ! (D

(If you dont know, some of my english aint so good)

·
Registered
348 Posts
The closest thing to a metal Jem you gonna see is the DBK, BRMR or the UV777BK. I think you've pretty much got the "metal" bases covered there. If you like devil's and 666's and such buy some stickers.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Obviously all true Vai fans would note Steve Vai's birthday being 06/06/60!!
...passion and warfare...sex and religion...the whole duality yin yang thing goin on!!................Jack Butler????..Anyone remember Crossroads?????
...I own jem777 lng # 666...

·
Registered
791 Posts
Obviously all true Vai fans would note Steve Vai's birthday being 06/06/60!!
...passion and warfare...sex and religion...the whole duality yin yang thing goin on!!................Jack Butler????..Anyone remember Crossroads?????
...I own jem777 lng # 666...
I'm sure there's a load of other 7 year old threads you can bump too. You own LNG #666? Yeah, we get it already.

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.