Ibanez JEM Forum banner
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Tim Henson, and all his bandmates, really, are on a long list of musicians whose talent and skills I greatly admire but, much as I've tried, I just can't enjoy listening to. Henson's style reminds me of Ichika Nito. Extremely deft and impressive, perhaps blazing his own trail, but hard for me to recognize as musical. Mind you, I have no problem with speed or "technical" playing in a guitarist, it just has to add up to something that sounds musical rather than a bunch of noise.

·
Administrator
7,570 Posts
I do sometimes wonder when I read threads like this whether Tim is the new Steve Vai so to speak?

When Passion and Warfare came out over 30 years ago, a lot of ‘cough, older, cough’ people though Vai was too weird and experimental and that it was just noise and guitar tricks and not real music, even though they acknowledged just how fantastic a technician he was.

Are we those ‘old guys’ now?

I certainly feel like it some days ;)

·
Registered
168 Posts
I do sometimes wonder when I read threads like this whether Tim is the new Steve Vai so to speak?

When Passion and Warfare came out over 30 years ago, a lot of ‘cough, older, cough’ people though Vai was too weird and experimental and that it was just noise and guitar tricks and not real music, even though they acknowledged just how fantastic a technician he was.

Yep, that probably describes me perfectly!

·
Registered
182 Posts

It is all effect processors and distortion. That is what my jazzhead mate said 🤦‍♂️

21 - 24 of 24 Posts