Ibanez JEM Forum banner

21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,791 Posts
What was the source of the JEM neck? Curious what the market value of one is?

I think it looks nice. You could probably get the thing chromed for not too much money, incuding the headstock. There's a paint called MirraChrome made by Alsa.

http://alsacorp.com/products/mirrachrome/mirra_price.htm

If you find a shop that does custom motorcycle finishes, they can almost certainly spray this for you.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Good job. How much did you pay for the neck
You may want to read this twice: 250€

Not a custom made, but a real VWH neck. There was no single scratch and it was in +++++ condition. Still is. That's why I won't start repainting it :)

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
The guitar looks cool but you shouldn't have put the BRMR on the title. It definitely IS a poor man's Jem but not a Poor Man's Jem BRMR.

Jimmy:smile:

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't know why anyone would get all worked up about what you're calling it. I recall a line about a "rose by any other name..."
Looks better than many of the real Jems that people spend fortunes on. The neck looks really nice (great inlays). Too bad the headstock doesn't flow w/ the body but, the vine with the silver bod and hardware looks killer.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I don't know why anyone would get all worked up about what you're calling it. I recall a line about a "rose by any other name..."
Looks better than many of the real Jems that people spend fortunes on. The neck looks really nice (great inlays). Too bad the headstock doesn't flow w/ the body but, the vine with the silver bod and hardware looks killer.
I don't know.. Maybe I actually should paint the headstock silver, as well. It would definitely look better, I know. Let's see when I've enough courage to do that.

I like it as it was in the 1st pics myself. The black knobs give it contrast. Looks good no matter what you call it. Period.
Yeah. They're easy to swap, so not a very big deal =)

·
Registered
9,299 Posts
It's amazing how sensitive some people are about the thread title - so funny! :lol:

Guitar looks great. I think I like the black knobs too though. I've got an axe with a mirror pickgaurd and I tried it, but the regular black strat style ones just looked so much better.

·
Registered
105 Posts
I don't know.. Maybe I actually should paint the headstock silver, as well. It would definitely look better, I know. Let's see when I've enough courage to do that.
I wouldn't. You probably grow out of this one and then you'll be stuck with a neck that is tremendously de-valued because ofthe changed headstock color.

21 - 40 of 48 Posts