Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
I've heard alot about this band from here, so I am interested in checking them out.
I downloaded a couple songs to get a feel for them and I am interested in buying some of their music, does anyone have any suggestions on which album to get.
Some if the stuff was really cool, but some of it (what I heard) was pretty lame and without rock. so i guess I'm looking for which album rocks the most, or ballads the least.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
I recently got the new one after reading a stellar review in GP, and sadly it really doesn't do much for me.....
kinda like Pink Floyd/Creed mix. Some really like it, but I guess I don't get it.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Cid,
I have their last 2 "Deadwing" and "Inabsentia". Interesting stuff. I like "Deadwing" a little bit better than the other one. Does have a Floyd type feel but with a Queensryche/fusion sound melted in. Pretty good stuff, not stellar but pretty good...

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
CREED?!?!?
Not even CLOSE. Maybe you mean Radiohead meets Floyd?
I'd say Lightbulb Sun or Stupid Dream, Deadwing might be ok for a newb, but I'd say get a feel from one of the other 2 I listed. Actually there is a bootleg double live CD I have that sounds fantastic, opens with Even Less and just rocks. I wish the studio version sounded as open as the live does.

Bamm

·
Registered
2,674 Posts
In Absentia is a better alnum than Deadwing IMO, but Deadwing is by no means a bad disc. They are both good for starters, but they seem to have a much more of a modern rock sound, their older stuff is much proggier, in the old-school vein, from what I have heard. I have yet to grab Stupid Dream and Lightbulb Sun though...

·
Registered
6,200 Posts
I SLIGHTLY prefer In Absentia to Deadwing. Haven't gotten into their earlier stuff yet, but that'll happen as soon as I find a shop selling it in Boston, or break down and hit up amazon.com. Absolutely brilliant band.

I agree, the Creed comparison is preposterous, I can't see anything in common, aside from the fact both bands use electric guitars. :lol:

·
Registered
654 Posts
If you're unfamiliar with them, I'd start with "Signify", "Lightbulb Sun", and "Stupid Dream". They've become a bit heavier by the time "In Absentia" was released, but still know how to put together some great songs.

·
Registered
4,386 Posts
Seeing Tree perform Deadwing live really drove that album home for me, I hadn't realized how much I'd absorbed from the album until they were playing and I somehow new the lyrics and melody. Lightbulb has an AWESOME track (IMO) "Last Chance to leave Planet Earth Before it is Recycled", just a kewl, spooky, song.

Arriving Somewhere is probably one of my faves from Deadwing, also spooky.
It was explained as a song to back a screenplay they are working out, about a boy growing up into someone and someplace he was never meant to be and the unwinding of that thread and correcting his destiny.

Just kewl stuff!
Stop reading, go get it!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts