Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so here's the scoop - I have someone interested in making this trade with me, and I'm looking to get some other opinions before I pull the trigger.

I have a 1980-something Electra Phoenix X185. It's an awesome guitar to the say the least. Candy Apple Red, H/S/H, small fretted super fast neck, the three controls are all push/pull : Pull the volume - coil split, pull tone 1 - activates the middle single coil (I think they called it "thick" or something), pull tone 2 - phase reverse. The guitar is absolutely as heavy if not heavier than my USA BC Rich warklock with a Floyd that I sold - It has to weigh over 14lbs. Has the Electra fender-style trem. The whole thing is great - but it's not my main guitar (I have an Ibanez IC400 that I've decked out) so I'm willing to part with it for something cool.

The trade I'm interested in making is for a Rogue 7/6 double neck. I've been wanting a 7 stringer, and since double necks are ridiculous/awesome, this one's pretty rad. It's got a quilt top (or so it seems) and set necks, which is a huge plus for me. I'm sure it'll need new pickups, but that doesn't have to be a priority right off the bat. It looks nice to me, but I can't find much info at all on it. Apparently Rogue's are made for *************** and GC? Does anyone have any experience with a Rogue? Do you think this trade is a good one?

Looking forward to hearing some feedback...
Musical instrument accessory Wood Gas Audio equipment Office equipment
Musical instrument String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory Guitar accessory

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Don't know anything about either guitar. I'd go for it, considering your interests.

But, always play first, and ensure there are no issues with cracks, twists, etc.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Double necks has always intrigued me but never enough to actually get one. That would be interesting though

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Made it happen over the weekend - I haven't gotten a good chance to play it yet, but it feels pretty nice actually. It's about equal in weight to the Electra I traded, which is crazy since it's almost two whole guitars. It's not that hard to play despite me being short.

I'm looking forward to plopping a good 7-string bridge pickup in there and see how well it growls. I know this isn't the 7-string section, but since this is already rolling, does anyone have a favorite 7-string pickup?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts