Ibanez JEM Forum banner

861 - 880 of 1789 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Here's a project guitar with Korean-made base (470FM body and 450-M neck) and Japanese specs (original EDGE, DiMarzio PUs, electronics from a 760).

·
Registered
764 Posts
I think you did a great job on the mods. I would like to hear what that "Might Mite" sounds like since you say you like it so much...

...That looks amazing, I definitely like the Jem specs. I have always enjoyed the look of those older Jems. I bet it feels and plays great, especially the sound!!

As Phantom stated it is too bad that they haven't put something like that into production as a RG470. The only thing I would say to you is, why didn't you use a RG550 neck instead so you could have the Wizard I? Either way it looks amazing, congrats on the successful mods!!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I love PGM301s but I find plain white guitars so boring.

Besides the finish changes, both guitars had their Cosmo Black hardware replaced with straight black hardware.

The Pepper PGM has a Tone Zone, Chopper and Humbucker from Hell.

The Jester PGM has a Tone Zone, Pro Track and PAF Joe.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
...You had those both done at Sims right...They did an amazing job on both, but the Jester is definitely my favorite(even without a trem)!
Yes, Patrick Sims refinished both guitars.

The Jester is all paint whereas the Pepper guitar is fabric so it was a bit easier to do than the Jester.

The Pepper guitar "finish" is kind of flaky in that the brighter the light source that's on it, the more the peppers "pop". I just really like hot and spicy foods so the pepper fabric seemed like a good choice for me. I almost got the guitar finished in chrome (with chrome pups and black F holes) but a plain chrome guitar just seemed plain to me. Besides, it's been done before and I wanted something a little different.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Would like some feedback on my first refinish. This one was pieced together from stock RG570 parts purchased from *bay. Material (fabric) finish - auto poly clear, Lion's Claw and handle. I put SD JB's in the bridge, Jazz in the neck, and a SL5 in the middle.

861 - 880 of 1789 Posts