·
Registered
1,917 Posts
pinto79 said:
toshiro said:
Updated(sort of) pics of mine, if anyone hasn't seen them:

www.marua.com/toshiro/mygear2.htm

:D
The Guitar with the swirly pick guard looks like an RG750VP (Violet Pearl)

Am I right?
Well, according to the catalog, yeah. :D

But, there's not one little bit of Violet in that finish, and according to same said catalog the pink/purple color was HP(Heather Pearl).. Now, I have to wonder, why would you call pink gray, and gray violet? lol

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Ibanezer said:
toshiro said:
Updated(sort of) pics of mine, if anyone hasn't seen them:

www.marua.com/toshiro/mygear2.htm

:D
i love that blue RG!
what pickups are in there?
i'm guessing EVO's....?
Thanks :) I've been in love with the Jewel Blue finish since the 80's and I finally got a guitar with it. :D

The pickups aren't EVO's though, it's:

Super3 - Bridge

Blue Velvet (bridge model, reverse wound/polarity)- Middle

PAF Pro - Neck

·
Registered
795 Posts
Ok, not much of a mod but here it is. A RGT3120TV with a white AN/TZ combo and white pickup selector switch tip. My main player. Just adding those little touches made the guitar fit me that much better and the sound is really ideal for me.
Picture here:

-Ben

·
Registered
219 Posts
heres one of mine...1987 RG550 R
http://community.webshots.com/scripts/editPhotos.fcgi?action=viewall&albumID=106592974

I stripped it and cut an F hole in it, burned it with a blow torch and then dyed it a fade from red to yellow. Currently coated with about 12 coats of lacquer, which is going to cure, then will be recoated and wetsanded and polished to a gloss. The pickups are hand re-wound using the parts from the original guitar, alnico5 magnets ,bridge 16k ohms with #43 wire, neck 10k ohms with #43 wire, middle #42 5.6ohms. Scalloped 20-24 on the neck, cleaned and adjusted neck removing the finish as well. No other mods to the guitar other than set up and adjustment of neck angle and tremolo. All and all has a quick low action, a very 'open' sound to it because of the pickups and light finish. Plus it just looks cool.

Larry
[/img]

·
Registered
219 Posts
laffing...your dumping on my 'trash-can' pickguard????
actually I kind of like it...and it only cost $2, you have to trust me that the pix don't quite do it justice, and I was going for an 'industrial' look like the BSB, however if I find a nicer trash-can...who knows!!!

·
Registered
631 Posts
My guitar is currently having work done it by the god Herc Fede. It's (or was) an RG1570, I'm getting; black, red and white swirl, matching headstock, clear pick guard and a red vine inlay up the neck. It's gonna look killer. When it get in back in several months a will post pics of this amazing guitar.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Over the last year or so I've moved to nearly exclusively using Ibanez guitars.......kinda scary considering I was always a HUGE ESP/Gibson fan despite the fact I was a huge fan of Steve Vai & Satch. I've recently offed a customised ESP Explorer (pre-lawsuit), & I've a maple-top LTD Edition Ep. Les Paul loaded with EMG's I'm offing in the next week - needless to say my guitar collection is becoming what I've seen some of you call 'Ibanezi'.

My Ibanez collection at the moment includes:

- JS100 transparent red (with Edge Pro bridge, F.R.E.D. + PAF Pro pickups with chrome bobbon toppers; thank you Universal Jems!)
- S470 metallic purple (with White/Purple Evolution Pickups - purple bobbin toppers from Universal Jems, & a Hs-3 single coil)
- RG570 electric blue (maple neck, purple PAF pro in neck, pink Breed in bridge, bluevelvet s/c & a clear pickguard)

I've already spoken ith Jemery from LGM about getting a vine inlay done on the S470 with a 22nd fret inlay - DAMN reasonable price too - just need to gather the essential funds for it.

I had spoken with HERC about getting a Donnie-replica job done on the JS100, but I love the **** outta the transparent red finish.....didn't think I'd learn to love it...but I have, just is WAY too sweet to do anything to. If I can find a beatup black JS100, it's on it's way to him for that.......

I've also got to pick up my Ibanez Talman TCY10 semi-acoustic next week - dunno what way I'm gonna mod that yet - have to see what's possible & what's not...... just loved the heck outta these semi acoustics....

I'll post pics of my guitars once I get my digital camera back from Nikon next week.....

It ain't easy doing guitar mod's in ireland as there's pretty much only 1 place u can go to to get any one item; i.e. ONE store to get DiMarzio's from, ONE store that deals in Ibanez, ONE store that deals in fitting DiMarzios----lucky I bought NONE of my Ibanez guitars here - all came off eBay in one form or another.....the S470 was a parts guitars......I bought the body, neck, parts & pickups for less than $380 ALL brand new including shipping....

Anyone ever heard of doing mods on Ibanez semi-acoustics or acoustics????

·
Banned
254 Posts
just_a_stray said:
Here's mine:

http://members.aol.com/albee1952/forsale/new670.jpg

RG670, Infinity pickups, Lo-Pro Edge trem, mirrored pickguard, all hardware changed from gold to chrome since it matches the pickguard better, pau ferro fingerboard, etc.

- Stray
[email protected]
you dont play it much huh? my fret board looked like that when i got it too all dry looking but now its got my wet from long hours on it and its more mapley looking...my 570 looks just like yours minus the pickguard..wasnt guitar on ebay?

81 - 100 of 1789 Posts