Ibanez JEM Forum banner
1801 - 1816 of 1816 Posts

·
Registered
912 Posts
All my jems besides my 30th SK are modified, now that I think about it. 3 7vwh’s (two with sustainer, one scalloped), one evo replica. A BRMR mutt w/ lo pro, super thin skunk strips (super?) wizard neck, sustainer & red LED dot inlays. All with backstop. A gently modified FP2 (pickups). All my RGs have been modified one way or another. There’s one more white guitar coming my way that a friend is building that is basically one giant mod, more info when it becomes closer to fruition ;)
Brown Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument String instrument accessory

Musical instrument Musician Guitar String instrument String instrument

·
Registered
98 Posts
This was my modded RG550 genesis before I reverted it back to stock to sell it. HH pickguard by perle guitars, dimarzio d activator set, gold hardware, magik arm. I still have this for sale with all the parts pretty much if anyone is interested

Musical instrument Guitar Purple Guitar accessory Textile

·
Registered
168 Posts
I may have posted this guitar here before, honestly can't remember, but it was modded this year so I'll post the updated version. This is a PIA-style body with an RG1070 neck (which has a wild wenge fretboard), both painted candy tangerine with some ice pearl, EVO bridge + middle pickups, Sustainiac system, Gotoh GE1996t bridge, and Hipshot locking tuners. Not quite as nice as the actual PIA I picked up in December, but it comes very close and it's a keeper with the Sustainiac in there. The pic is by the gentleman who installed the Sustainiac earlier this year.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
571 Posts
I may have posted this guitar here before, honestly can't remember, but it was modded this year so I'll post the updated version. This is a PIA-style body with an RG1070 neck (which has a wild wenge fretboard), both painted candy tangerine with some ice pearl, EVO bridge + middle pickups, Sustainiac system, Gotoh GE1996t bridge, and Hipshot locking tuners. Not quite as nice as the actual PIA I picked up in December, but it comes very close and it's a keeper with the Sustainiac in there. The pic is by the gentleman who installed the Sustainiac earlier this year.

View attachment 20134
The grain in that fretboard is stunning.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Your orange guitar is what gave me the inspiration for the color selection for my 540r. Here's my 3, I know I've had these posted... But it is what it is 😂.

This is my 540r with the Guthrie Goven charvel circuit, roasted maple neck, rosewood fingerboard and stainless 6105 frets! The copper color shift was what I wound up choosing based on your guitars amazing orange.

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Plant String instrument

Brown Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar accessory String instrument Guitar Wood

Light Green Purple Yellow Gas

Then my green monster! This is a 1988 radius body, custom neck, an edge from a 1987 540s...This has the traditional 1988 540r circuit but with an air classic in the bridge and true velvets singles.

Plant Musical instrument Guitar Leaf String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Green

Musical instrument Guitar Green String instrument Guitar accessory

Attachments

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Then finally the JS-AZ fusion guitar. This has a js100 body, a warmoth neck with stainless frets, gotoh Floyd, the whole wiring harness with pots direct from an HH AZ prestige... With DiMarzio air classics. This recently developed a warp in the neck... I managed to get some of it out with weight and a lamp... Then leveled the frets. I have this one currently drop tuned a whole step

Photograph Musical instrument White Purple Light

Musical instrument Blue String instrument Guitar String instrument

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument String instrument Plucked string instruments

Musical instrument Guitar String instrument Purple String instrument

·
Registered
168 Posts
Wow, those JS/540 guitars are beautiful! I might have my JS1200 refinished one day, it's in the original CAR but a bit beat up. I bought it used a while back and it had a mismatched neck (JS2000), which I later replaced with a Warmoth and had the headstock painted to match the CAR body. It plays great but it doesn't look half as sharp as any of yours!

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Wow man thank you for the compliment haha. I absolutely LOVE Candy apple red. I was going to paint the js100 that but... I figured it would look too much like a js1200 and I didn't want it to be mistaken as one. I had a js24p in that color and it was gorgeous. It was hard to part with it, but I wound up using that money to buy what eventually became the copper one. And i love these guitars so much more than my old JS guitar when it comes to versatility.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
That one is for sure my favorite... I like how it has earthy warm tones and then that midnight purple as a cool color tone. Plus the copper orange and the blueish purple are sort of complimentary colors.

1801 - 1816 of 1816 Posts