Ibanez JEM Forum banner

1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
some people love to bash them here, but it's always good to have a strat in your collection. Let's see'em :) I would start it off, but i'm actually right in the middle of my project and I don't have any pics yet.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
Mine.

http://steve-wright.fotopic.net/p1194238.html

It's a Fender USA neck (leftie) that a mate of mine sold me after muchos nagging, custom built alder body, sprayed pink. Schaller tuners, Schaller Floyd, Paf pro and 2 HS3.

Built mainly buy Steve Wright at PJ's Guitar Centre in Portsmouth UK. It's also his fotopic page that the pic comes from so cheers to him.

I seriously love this guitar. I play it as much as my Jem, and if I was truly honest it would be the guitar I would have if I was stranded on a desert island (probably, although I will change my mind every week on this).

·
Registered
540 Posts
heres mine ;)

a jv squier .... em and a jimi hendrix discontinued model , not for the small handed ;)

guess the only mods are the squier has a replacment trem and a ivory nut

·
Registered
535 Posts
C'mon guys where's all your scalloped necks! Sureley someones got a custom scallop going on round here... I've got 2 malmsteens, 1 usa, 1 mij .. in cream and candy apple red respectively :)

I'm thinking of building my own Warmoth strat with 22 frets (i find 21 abit limiting on my malm strats), Dunlop Jumbo frets, fully scalloped maple neck, cream body, pearloid pickguard, original floyd rose (chrome hardware), Dimarzio DiMarzio Air Norton (neck) and DiMarzio D-Sonic (bridge) mmmmmmmmmmmmm *creams*

·
Registered
515 Posts
Here are my strats...
1st pic- 2001 american california strat with 2 single coil texas specials and a seymour duncan humbucker
2nd pic-1981 japanese strat, all stock and original
3rd pic- 2001-2002 MIM strat with 2 fender noiseless single coils and a fender red lace.(currently selling on evilbay)

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I actually have a custom swirled RG that has had a half scallop http://moreguitarpics.fotopic.net/p28599889.html . My local shop did it, the same guys that did the initial build of the pink strat.

I could be tempted to get the strat scalloped, but I do love it as it is.

The headstock is cool, and to be honest that was the reason behind starting the project; I desperately wanted a reverse headstock strat, and the only way to get one was to buy a Sambora signature, and I didn't want white. You will notice that I like doing customs with Reverse Headstock.

·
Registered
4,800 Posts
Mine.

http://steve-wright.fotopic.net/p1194238.html

It's a Fender USA neck (leftie) that a mate of mine sold me after muchos nagging, custom built alder body, sprayed pink. Schaller tuners, Schaller Floyd, Paf pro and 2 HS3.

Built mainly buy Steve Wright at PJ's Guitar Centre in Portsmouth UK. It's also his fotopic page that the pic comes from so cheers to him.

I seriously love this guitar. I play it as much as my Jem, and if I was truly honest it would be the guitar I would have if I was stranded on a desert island (probably, although I will change my mind every week on this).
I bet that thing plays like a demon :twisted:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Oh man, that is a nice Strat. Nicely done. 8)

Maybe I should get a dark pickguard for mine but the white has aged to cream, cool to see that you have a maple fretboard as well. Very nice. ;)
that strat is actually for sale right now..i picked up a 2003 american strat with 3 noiseless pu's..im gutting them out and replacing them with the EMG DG20 rig..woohoo!here's a teaser pic.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What is that trem 7Plagues?

Does anyone know of a trem, other than a FR, where there is no play in the trem arm/socket. All the ones I have tried have some play in them. The other option is a callaham block - but I don't see the need for the screw thread at the bottom, plus its £100 for the block and top plate.

·
Registered
515 Posts
What is that trem 7Plagues?

Does anyone know of a trem, other than a FR, where there is no play in the trem arm/socket. All the ones I have tried have some play in them. The other option is a callaham block - but I don't see the need for the screw thread at the bottom, plus its £100 for the block and top plate.
hey Rob, its a wilkinson/gotoh VSVG vintage tremolo
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges...oh_VSVG_Vintage_Tremolo/Pictures.html#details

I dont have this bridge on any of my other guitars, so i'm pretty excited about it.

-Bob

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
I bet that thing plays like a demon :twisted:
It really does, and with the evo/jem/evo2 it sounds like it's straight from hell as well.

Unfortunately I don't play like a demon.

There are some Uber strats, although I am surprised that I have the only reverse headstock, or did I miss something?

1 - 20 of 84 Posts